Shenmue III

Shitface

Established Member
Hey, In the latest GMR Mag, there is a site to go to to petition for Shenmue III. The mag states, in an interview with Yu Suzuki, he would make the game if there was enough demand for it. So head on down and sign HERE.

Though word of the S3 online petition has gotten around (and I've signed it myself), these online things are pretty weak in terms of getting things done. It's something, but it can't be everything. Perhaps someone needs to organize a letter writing campaign. Get an address of someone at Sega, AM2, or the new COG, and start sending hand written letters. A professional sounding, neatly written letter will send a much more powerful message than some anonymous online "signature." People even brag over at the Shenmue Dojo about how many times they've signed it--which totally defeats the purpose; hence why they don't have much impact.

My suggestion, that I also made on Shenmue Dojo (but those people seem to be complete and utter morons who don't actually read posts but would rather just argue about if and when S3 is coming out, IMHO, of course) is that we come up with some idea. My off-the-top-of-my-head idea was for everyone to send a hand written letter explaining why they love Shenmue and why the series should continue, along with a unique item that represents Shenmue. Such an item could be a small notebook with the first few notes from the game written in it, little items that come from vending machines, original Shenume artwork, etc. But, then, maybe I'm a dreamer. I have a good feeling that Shenmue 3 is coming regardless. But if people really want to get noticed, something major needs to be done.

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Aug 7, 2003 @ 11:22 AM

Though word of the S3 online petition has gotten around (and I've signed it myself), these online things are pretty weak in terms of getting things done. It's something, but it can't be everything. Perhaps someone needs to organize a letter writing campaign. Get an address of someone at Sega, AM2, or the new COG, and start sending hand written letters. A professional sounding, neatly written letter will send a much more powerful message than some anonymous online "signature." People even brag over at the Shenmue Dojo about how many times they've signed it--which totally defeats the purpose; hence why they don't have much impact.

My suggestion, that I also made on Shenmue Dojo (but those people seem to be complete and utter morons who don't actually read posts but would rather just argue about if and when S3 is coming out, IMHO, of course) is that we come up with some idea. My off-the-top-of-my-head idea was for everyone to send a hand written letter explaining why they love Shenmue and why the series should continue, along with a unique item that represents Shenmue. Such an item could be a small notebook with the first few notes from the game written in it, little items that come from vending machines, original Shenume artwork, etc. But, then, maybe I'm a dreamer. I have a good feeling that Shenmue 3 is coming regardless. But if people really want to get noticed, something major needs to be done.

Quadriflax is right. An online petition with random sigs can only do so much. The hand written letter idea is a very good one in my opinion. But we would need a LARGE amount of people to do it. And a lot of people are rather lazy and wouldn't put the time of day in to writing a letter. I would do it if it ment one step closer to shenmue 3.

If you're going to do a serious online petition, I'd start by dedicating a domain name and website just for the petition itself. It takes more effort to do that and gives the petition a little more credibility.

Originally posted by Shitface@Aug 7, 2003 @ 12:31 PM

Quadriflax is right. An online petition with random sigs can only do so much. The hand written letter idea is a very good one in my opinion. But we would need a LARGE amount of people to do it. And a lot of people are rather lazy and wouldn't put the time of day in to writing a letter. I would do it if it ment one step closer to shenmue 3.

That's why it would make a difference. It takes time to do it, so they know you mean it. Zapping off a copy of a letter doesn't take any effort at all--why should they care?

Expanding on my idea... I was thinking maybe if people sent their letters inside one of those toy capsules that would be cool. Sega/AM2 would be flooded with large numbers of tiny plastic capsules that each contained an original letter supporting S3. It would only cost a couple bucks to send. Go out, buy a toy from a machine, save the thing, put your letter in it, and mail it. If would could get out, and we could all time it so the bulk of them came in a week, that would be really, really attention grabbing.

The best way to pull something like that off would be to host a site for the cause that describes what to do. Give a date far off enough so that word can spread. On the site get people to sign up for an email list that will be used to remind them of the date when it starts to approach. Then, on the chosen day, everyone mails to the same spot (which ever place that is). An address for US, Europe, and Japan would be preferable so it could be a global thing. If anyone thinks that could work, feel free to jump on it and make it a reality :)

But they are releasing the game, so something must have "pushed" them to make that decision?? Right? I mean hey whatever the means, the end result is, were in for another great shenmue game.. sweet.

Originally posted by stack99@Aug 8, 2003 @ 09:13 AM

But they are releasing the game, so something must have "pushed" them to make that decision?? Right? I mean hey whatever the means, the end result is, were in for another great shenmue game.. sweet.

No. There has been no official word on anything Shenmue 3 related. It has not been confirmed at all. Rumors of confirmations were based on false information and mistranslations. Off the record those at Sega say they need all the support they can get from fans to convince anyone to invest in producing the game. Also there is a promise on the new Shenmue.com that there is further information to come in September. But this does not (repeat does not) mean Shenmue 3 is on the way.

Originally posted by Quadriflax@Aug 7, 2003 @ 12:22 PM

:lol: :hehehe:

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Aug 10, 2003 @ 03:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Aug 10, 2003 @ 03:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Quadriflax@Aug 7, 2003 @ 12:22 PM

Shenmue Dojo (but those people seem to be complete and utter morons who don't actually read posts but would rather just argue about if and when S3 is coming out, IMHO, of course)

:lol: :hehehe: [/b][/quote]

Well, am I wrong?

No. There has been no official word on anything Shenmue 3 related. It has not been confirmed at all. Rumors of confirmations were based on false information and mistranslations. Off the record those at Sega say they need all the support they can get from fans to convince anyone to invest in producing the game. Also there is a promise on the new Shenmue.com that there is further information to come in September. But this does not (repeat does not) mean Shenmue 3 is on the way.

Shenmue 3 is confirmed here is the link...http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=3810

:cheers

Originally posted by stack99@Aug 11, 2003 @ 10:43 AM

Shenmue 3 is confirmed here is the link...http://www.gamerfeed.com/index.php?story=3810

:cheers

Again, no. Look at the date. That article is based on a mistranslation from the Japanese Shenmue site. There is still no confirmation from Sega, AM2, Yu Suzuki, or anyone involved with Shenmue. Nothing, nada, zip, zero. Let me repeat: SHENMUE 3 HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED.

If you have any doubt, go post that link at Shenmue Dojo and see what they do to you. Sorry if I sound rude, but this rumor has to die, and it has to die now. If too many people think it's already coming they won't do anything to show their support for it. Not that anyone seems interested in that anyway. So maybe Sega's doubts are right...

Back