Shining force 3 prob

Umm... hi there!

I have just finished playing SF3, US... and I noticed that there is no option to save at the end... does that mean that you CAN'T play scenario 2 with the save game from #1??? Is it only the Jap version that allows the kinda continue option??!!

Thanks...

they probably cut out the save option due to the fact that they new they were not going to port the rest of the titles due to the fact it was being released right at the death of the console... they probably just took it out for that, also they never consider the idea that people may import, even so, they also dont like people importing, why the hell else do they have country codes for jap and US even though we are both NTSC.

Originally posted by segaserg@Sep 22, 2004 @ 06:16 AM

Is it only the Jap version that allows the kinda continue option??!!

No.

The pal version allow continue, so does the US version.

But don't you have to wait until the end of credits (or simply a bit longer) before the final save ?

In the worst case you can download an already completed game and transfer it into your system ... just a thought

I waited and waited after the credits were done, and still nothing!!! I had to reset after that, and so I could not save!! :(

But when I boot up scenario 2, it does see the save games, but refuses to load the last one I have (half way thru the battle against prince Arrawnt)... anybody???

I don't have anyway of getting a save and transferring to ram... so any other suggestions??!??

Thanks ;)

I'm 80% the USA save files are compatible with the Japanese version (the Premium Disc can load them, at least).

Get yourself a copy of the Japanese Scenario 1, load your save on it, beat the game, and save after the credits.

:angry: AAARRRGG!!!

I have tried again to finish the game, and it just stops at the end of the credits... it's really gonna suck if I have start Scenario 2 without my savegame!!! :(

Thats sounds weird, im not sure about the US version but it works on the UK PAL version, because i played the UK scen 1 and saved it and it allowed me to continue with that save into scen 3.

Hope u work something out :)

I have never gotten to the end of scenario 1, but I would assume since they went to all the trouble of altering the ending of the US they may have taken the ability to save at the end out also. Of course this is all speculation, I wonder how some people where able to and you are not? Id just try load the game using the Jap scenario 1 and play the ending and then save as mentioned above.

trust me on this, You can save at the end of the credits, the game should not lock up at the end. after the credits end, it should say something like

F: Welcome back, (name)...

F: You should save your game.

(save option)

(gabriel wakes up)

G:What is it Fey?Why the dirty look?I wasn't sleeping or anything...

G:You have gone through a lot,(name). It looked pretty chaotic out there for a while.

F:But you've surpassed everyone's expectations. Of course... the Kingdom has ME to thank for that...

G:What did you have to do with it,Fey? It was (name) who defeated Bulzome and his followers.

F:But I was the one who picked him in the first place!

G:Okay, you win... But (name) must be commended on a job well done against overwhelming odds.

F:Yeah, I guess you're right...Did you find Penn, Frank, Noon, Hagane, and Ratchet?

F:They're in there, try the adventure again and search more carefully...Since you've completed the adventure...

F:Keep it in memory and begin a new quest, check the options screen and something new may appear... You rule!

then and END screen appears

few seconds later

opening movie happens

so i say, bad disc, try using a cd burning program in simulation mode to see if theres a bad sector on it (fastest way I can think of for testing it unless you have a tool you can use)

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Mon, 2005-04-25 @ 04:47 PM

I have never gotten to the end of scenario 1, but I would assume since they went to all the trouble of altering the ending of the US they may have taken the ability to save at the end out also. Of course this is all speculation, I wonder how some people where able to and you are not? Id just try load the game using the Jap scenario 1 and play the ending and then save as mentioned above.

[post=133214]Quoted post[/post]​

There is a option to save game after completing scenario 1, and yes, it's compatible with jap scenario 2. Bad copy i think.

Originally posted by lid230@Thu, 2004-11-04 @ 12:21 AM

Thats sounds weird, im not sure about the US version but it works on the UK PAL version, because i played the UK scen 1 and saved it and it allowed me to continue with that save into scen 3.

Hope u work something out :)

[post=122624]Quoted post[/post]​

That true as it works on my PAL version of sf3.

(newbie) Does anyone know if you can play a US or JAP version of sf3 parts 2 & 3 on a PAL saturn?

Do I need to mod it?.

Or will it work just boot up and play as normal?

I can live with translated scripts for these games.

Back