Shining Force 3 Scenario 3 Translation

Originally posted by it290@Mar 28, 2004 @ 05:10 AM

They fell out around the time of the Saturn's demise.

That's why the closest we will ever get to SF4 is the Golden Sun series

Sega owns the license. It's not like they're not capable of making a SF game without Camelot.

Yeah, the Shining Soul series show us how great Sega can do with the Shining license :slap

I think it would be awesome if they would just translate the last two scenarios and then release them all again on one CD like the premium disk onto a new console. Id think this would create more revenues than the shining force 1 remake...

Heck if they redid the graphics to go along with it. that would just be even more awesome. It just makes no sense to me as to why they dont do this.. Guess thats why Im not running a video game company. :p

Actually, they can do SF4, but can't continue STHA's and SF3's Innovator/Vandal storyline. Well, although poor Galm is yet wondering what the hell the Creator wants, it's pretty much finished up anyway.

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Mar 29, 2004 @ 08:13 PM

I think it would be awesome if they would just translate the last two scenarios and then release them all again on one CD like the premium disk onto a new console. Id think this would create more revenues than the shining force 1 remake...

Heck if they redid the graphics to go along with it. that would just be even more awesome. It just makes no sense to me as to why they dont do this.. Guess thats why Im not running a video game company. :p

Maybe Sega can't because Camelot was involved with STHA and SF3, and all parties would need to agree. Just a guess.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 29, 2004 @ 02:05 AM

Hey, SS2 isn't bad.

Yeah, but to follow on games like STHA and the SF3's with some "not bad" games isn't good enough for me >.<

Like Jum said, they can make SF4, but cannot use Camelot's story, so we will never see how they wanted it to all end :damn:

If they released a translated version of the SF3 games, then that would be awesome but it isn't ever gonna happen.

Yeah, but don't forget, Shining Wisdom is what the SS games are based on, and it wasn't that great to begin with. And although I like SITD and STHA, neither one is nearly as good as any of the Force series, IMHO.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 31, 2004 @ 12:26 AM

Yeah, but don't forget, Shining Wisdom is what the SS games are based on, and it wasn't that great to begin with. And although I like SITD and STHA, neither one is nearly as good as any of the Force series, IMHO.

You're being too nice - "wasn't that great" indeed. It sucked. I was shocked, that's how bad it was, I was literally shocked and confused. I had to triple check to make sure it was a "Shining" title.

Anyway, I liked the Force series better than SITD and STHA, but they're totally different. So I would typically say that I liked them both and not draw direct comparisons. I'd be happy with a sequel to either, with or without Vandals and whatnot. I'd be happy whooping Dark Dragon again, for that matter.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 31, 2004 @ 08:26 AM

:agree

I just hoped after the really average sales/reviews SS got, they would have had the sense to at least try improve that series of Shining games.

The force games pwn all :thumbs-up:

Back