Shining Force GBA remake confirmed for US release

Atlus USA has confirmed that they will be distributing the US version of Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon

There are also more new screenshots on the Atlus page.

The card system will be used to collect special abilities and bonuses, good news for some people worried. The game is set for release in Europe during the April with the US version a few months later in June.

This deserves a w00t.

Shining Force rocks, and it's good to see that they're at least trying to bring back the original turn-based gameplay. I didn't really like what I got in Shining Soul.

Hmm, interesting; in that first battle cutscene shot, the background looks similar to the original, whereas the characters look much, much worse. The background looks very close to the original in the second shot as well, and the Blue Dragon looks pretty decent. I don't mind the overhead view graphics that much, although they don't really have the feel of a Shining game.

Still, I probably won't be picking it up as I already own the original and I don't like limited field of view and new art style.

I had similar thoughts about Lunar Legend, but I have to say that I wasn't too disappointed with it (the psuedo-anime cutscenes in the orginal Lunar were the best part). I might not purchase Resurrection of Dark Dragon, but I will have to play it at least.

Back