Shorting out components

schi0249

Mid Boss
I am looking for the easiest way to short out some PC components. Anyone have a recommendation? This is for me personally.

Why the fuck would you want to intentionally short out components?

Talk about fucking retarded...

...unless the victim is a GeForce 4 MX or GeForce FX (any of them), in which case you have my full sanction.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Oct 13, 2003 @ 10:14 AM

Why the fuck would you want to intentionally short out components?

Probably for an insurance or warranty scam.

My insurance reimursed me for the components. however, they want the pieces so they can attempt to salvage any. They have been skrewing with me, so I was trying to make sure they get nothing good.

Originally posted by schi0249@Oct 13, 2003 @ 10:26 PM

My insurance reimursed me for the components. however, they want the pieces so they can attempt to salvage any. They have been skrewing with me, so I was trying to make sure they get nothing good.

then you better not make it remotely obvious or they'll hit you with insurance fraud.

they take that stuff pretty seriously

I think its pretty safe to assume it's shot. I get no video and no post beeps. Also, my router doesn't aknowledge the NIC and an error card reads memory and processor failure.

Originally posted by schi0249@Oct 13, 2003 @ 10:38 PM

I think its pretty safe to assume it's shot. I get no video and no post beeps. Also, my router doesn't aknowledge the NIC and an error card reads memory and processor failure.

boy -- what happened?

A neighbor started their apartment on fire with a grease fire. caused a surge that also fried a laptop that was connected to an out;et.

At first they were not gonna give me anything. They tried telling me power surges (they had to cut the power due to the fire) don't damage computers. She tried telling me PCs just die over time. Even newer ones, under a year old. We faught back and forth and they finally said they would replace it if a competant PC repairman felt it died due to a power surge. Had to pay damb close to $200 up front, since they wouldn't pay until after servicing. Fianlly got it all done and they want the PC's so they can salvage them. Not much to salvage though. Any recommendations for wiping all data from a hard drive? Preferably free options?

Back