should i get one?

Hi i'm sorta new here (been here for a couple of weeks) and i was wondering if i should get a sega saturn or not? Someone i know says that it sux and he would take a segacd than a saturn + he said i'm stupid for thinking about getting one, his friend says that the playstation looks better than the sega saturn (also said try getting a ps2 than a saturn) but i'm not really intersted in the ps2 when i told him that he said your stupid for trying to get a saturn(like the other one), and than said the even the nes was better than the saturn. now i'm not sure if i should get a sega saturn or not or what they said were true anyways thx for your help, Because i just found out about the sega saturn about a monthe ago (i sorta herd about it a long time ago but had no idea what it was and forgot about it) anyways bye.

If you like RPG's, 2D fighters, and old_sk00l-style 2D games in general, then it's a great investment.

If your expecting middle-of-the-road software like the PlayStation offered however, get a PlayStation2. Those of you who thought WWF Smackdown 3 is the best game of the year, look elsewhere...

It depends on your tastes.

Oh and the PlayStaion and Saturn have very similar graphics. You could argue the Saturn is superior when used properly due to it's twin-CPU setup.

Saturn it´s a great console, dude...

Show to your friend Radiant Silvergun, Silouethe Mirage, Guardian Heroes, Vampire Savior, Magic Knight, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Black Matrix, Princess Crown... and a lot of more... ¡ and he will return crying to his house !

Simply... look for any of this games in google, a see some screenshots of them.

Sega Saturn, like any other console, is only bad if you buy bad games for it. It has numerous classics that are exclusive to it, namly the "Panzer Dragoon" franchise as well as "Radiant Silvergun". Those games alone are worth owning the system for.

Shining in the Holy Ark and Shining Force III are also great games for the Saturn. There are a lot more great awesome games for the system. It's definately worth owning.

I just got my saturn to complete the collection. The sega cd can be fun. Snatcher is really good as are the lunar series and pretty much all the rpgs. Other than that there is very little really offered by the sega cd ( i have a collection of 80 games for it) The saturn of course has better graphics and I would say better games. (Of course this comes from a Daytona USA fanatic.) Your gonna pay a lot more for a sega cd (if you try to get a model 1) than a saturn. I paid like $75 for my sega cd and only $20 for a model 2 saturn. Really you could get a Saturn and a Model 2 sega cd for about $50 and that might be a pretty good option since you can easily burn games.

Originally posted by Agent21KGB@July 04 2002,22:34

I paid like $75 for my sega cd and only $20 for a model 2 saturn.

Model 2 Saturn? Blech! heh

I got my Model 1 Saturn (the one with oval power and reset buttons, Model 2 has round ones) used from Funcoland (Gamestop) right before they phased them out all together. Cost me $60 for the system and 5 games. Still runs great, although I hacked it up a little now so I could do the disk swap thing.

One more thing, I don't know if I sensed a little anti-PS2 thing going on here, but if anyone has one I'd like to suggest a highly underated game I picked up the other day.

Shadow Hearts. This game beats the pants off FFX, IMO. The battle system is unique and challenging and unlike anything I've experienced before in an RPG.

And Now.......... My Must Have Saturn Games List (in no particular order)

Dragon Force

Shining Force III

Shining Wisdom

Shining The Holy Ark

Iron Storm

Albert Odyssey

Magic Knight Rayearth

Nights Into Dreams

Sonic Jam

If you like the pure 2D gaming ..like me.. then you should buy one!Monday.. i'll buy my first Saturn..and i'm very happy!LOL
tongue.gif

Originally posted by rcefiro@July 05 2002,04:24

Shining in the Holy Ark and Shining Force III are also great games for the Saturn. There are a lot more great awesome games for the system. It's definately worth owning.

I agree! Shining the Holy Ark is my favourite Saturn game!

*Hugs his STHA*

You prefer Shining the Holy Ark to SF3?

I haven't played it yet, but will do as soon as I can afford a CD Rewriter
smile.gif

I'd say Saturn was my favourite console ever simply because of the SF3 trilogy and the amazing Panzer Dragoon Saga
heart.gif

Shining the Holy Arc... Shining Force III... naaah..., poor games... however PD Saga rocks !! Magic Knight rocks !! Black Matrix !! Grandia !!...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by asshoe@July 04 2002,21:52

Someone i know says that it sux and he would take a segacd than a saturn + he said i'm stupid for thinking about getting one, his friend says that the playstation looks better than the sega saturn (also said try getting a ps2 than a saturn) but i'm not really intersted in the ps2 when i told him that he said your stupid for trying to get a saturn(like the other one), and than said the even the nes was better than the saturn.

Sounds like your friends are brainwashed.
sad.gif

Originally posted by M3d10n@July 15 2002,11:43

But at least he was the first one to mention Grandia, a game that stuck in my brain forever.

Yeah, Grandia sounds amazing. Sadly I have yet to play it, but I loved the sequel on dc
love.gif

Back