Shyness

Shy people aren't bad, for some people they just have extreme anxiety in social situations. I've found that shy people general have a lot to say once you get to know them.

This is to differentiate from negative anti-social behaviors, or antisocial personality disorders which is something else entirely. These people generally have a complete disregard for people.

shyness generally equals apprehension or anxiety

APD sufferers are generally manipulative and conniving

I've always been a very shy person. Every now and then I come accross a person who reacts badly to my shyness and think that I'm either a snob or someone really untrustworthy. Of course I don't think I'm either of those but I think it is just amazing how much some people get carried away with their imagination when something is left open and unexplained. Over the years I have found that it is actually a good way of judging a persons character. A good person will except you are shy and will not have a problem with it whereas people will personallity or attitude problems will dislike a shy person, sometimes with a passion. It's like they have a fear of the unkown. Of course that is only my experience.

I'm pretty sure I'm shy. I'll talk to people, no problem, but when conversation wanders into personal territory with someone I hardly know, it's just awkward.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being shy.

I was always extremely shy growing up, very very high anxiety. Throughout most of grade school I was known as the person who never talked.

I'm a lot better now and talk to most people without a problem, oddly enough, it gets the worst these days when I know the people (but not well) rather then complete strangers.

Still, maybe THAT amount of anxiety/shyness isn't normal, but generally speaking a lot of people can be rather shy -- nothing wrong with that at all.

I suffer from a few years to Phobia social and even I do not have support from even the my family, but a psychologist supports me.

It is small improvement, but still far off the road. In your country is tolerant of people with fobią or discriminate?

We in Poland are people in strange look: P

Back