Simpsons

After watching the episode where a 300lb fat man thinks he is michael jackson my girlfriend and I cant figure out if it is really michaels voice. Iv looked around on google and what not and some places say it wasnt his voice cause he wasnt in the credits, others say it was his voice and he asked to be taken out of the credits and some say he did the voice but not the song.. soo not being a fan I cant tell the difference myself.. Does anyone know for sure what the real deal is?? The whole thing has got me curios now..

I have the DVD and on the commentary for that episode they clearly state many times that it was michael himself. He did everything apart from the singing parts, which were done by a sound a like apparently.

Contractural obligations, possibly. For example it's possible that he's got some arrangements such that if he did singing, it would turn into a big mess where Fox has to pay royalties to multiple parties every time the episode airs. If they had him there anyway, it seems like the most plausible explanation for bringing in someone else.

IIRC I saw an interview with a couple of cast members where they said MJ even brought his own voice 'stand in' for the songs.

Most likely, he made a bet with them or something to see if they could tell if it was his voice.

Back