Skies of Arcadia/Eternal Arcadia

Dud

Established Member
Does anyone know what happened in the original Eternal Arcadia when Vyse and Guilder go into Aika's jail cell? It's the scene where Vigoro is feeling on Aika and then you go on to fight Vigoro. In the North American version it is obviously edited in some way. Has anyone actually played the original japanese game and seen this part?

(EDIT- spelling)

In the Japanese version, Vigoro is not wearing a shirt. This was changed in for the US release, to make the scene less suggestive of rape.

Also, Vigoro's comments about being popular with the ladies was originally a reference to having slept with quite a few of them. The scene is the same overall.

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@Feb 22, 2004 @ 11:36 PM

In the Japanese version, Vigoro is not wearing a shirt. This was changed in for the US release, to make the scene less suggestive of rape.

Also, Vigoro's comments about being popular with the ladies was originally a reference to having slept with quite a few of them. The scene is the same overall.

That's it?! It's ridiculous, the things they had to cut out of this game.

Weren't all loqua references replaced by coffee or something in the GameCube version (anyone with half a brain can notice loqua is an alcoholic drink)? It leads to an amusing scene where someone gets "too much coffee". XD

I have the gamecube version and loqua is mentioned all the way through. Why they bothered changing it I dont know as the game makes it pretty obvious that loqua is an alcoholic drink.

The hannkerchief covers a hole in Aika's room. If you look at it in the begining of the game, when Aika's in there, you'll see her with her hair down, and she'll poke Vyse in the eye.

Other changes:

-The guy at the weapons store has a toothpick instead of a cigarette

-obviously loqua=liquor

-The see-through portions of Belleza's costume are replaced with solid colors. (however you can still see her original costume in the diary entry about her)

-There's no drunken sailor on Sailor's Island

-The tavern on Sailor's Island has a chicken leg on it instead of a bottle of whiskey

-Guilder's victory animation where he lights up a cigarette is gone

I'm sure there's more I don't remember.

Heh, they should've just called it 'grog' like in Monkey Island.

That is a shame about that Guilder animation though.

they remove the 'suggestive' scene in the jail, yet shortly after when you do the boss battle and he has the huge gun, puts it over his groin, pulls a lever and it extends, while halarious i dont know how that got through :D

Back