Small VGR update

Well folks as we get ever so closer to launching VGR for all of you to view (no set date yet so don't bother to ask). I figure I'd give you these three new screenshots of what's been happening with the site. I know it doesn't seem like alot of work has been done since the last update, but most of the changes are "under the hood", the continuous adding to our ever growing list of games (we are at 1849 games) and the addition and completion of the Virtual Boy games. So without further ado here are the new screenshots with their descriptions.

And for those who haven't already visited we have a new forum where you can talk about the site or anything else.

FIRST IMAGE

MyVGR

This first image is the MyVGR front page. This is the first page you will see once you login into the site. From here you can follow the links to the individual sections of the site.

SECOND IMAGE

New Game Submission

You may remember from the previous set of screenshots that I mentioned the new game submission form was not done yet. Well here it is. As you can see we ask for alot of info for each game. Additionally for your submission to be considered we do require at least a good portion of the info to be entered (ie. we don't want a submission with just the title of the game). Once we get your submission we attempt to verify your information as best we can, and if we believe it is valid we the proceed to add the new game into our database.

THIRD IMAGE

Stats

The ones of you out there with eagle eyes may have already notice the new community link at the top navigation bar (and it's removal from the MyVGR sub navigation bar). We have decided to move the community section out into it's own part of the site. We feel that the MyVGR section is for your own personal content on the site while the community section will feature content to be shared by all. The first page from this section that is shown here is the game statistics page. Here you can see what the most popular games are on the site and various other interesting stats. At this point only 3 members of the site (RevQuixo, Mowgli and myself) have enterd their info but as the site grows these stats will become more varied.

Well I hope you have enjoyed these new tidbits and we hope to see you all once the site launches. We are trying very hard to get the work done, but unfortunately real life and it's associated problems sometimes take priority.

If there's anything else you would like to know please ask and I will attempt to answer as best I can.

the stats thing looks pretty cool
smile.gif

Are you going to limit the database to the platforms listed in the screenshots, or will more be added later?

Originally posted by antime@Dec. 12 2002, 2:07 pm

Are you going to limit the database to the platforms listed in the screenshots, or will more be added later?

We will be adding more platforms as time goes on. It's really just an issue of entering all the data. Because of our common ancestry from SX we have at first concentrated on Sega systems, but all systems are/will be considered.

Keep in mind we will not add current systems (ie. any system that is being actively developed for and supported).

Did you check to ensure that mult-byte characters can be entered in the forms/forums/pages?

Ä㲻ЩÖÐÎÄ©oÈç¹û²»ÓÐUnicode!

As you can see, the SX forums basterdize anything I write after I post.
smile.gif
The Characters are not correct, and make no sence. Would be the same with Japanese, or any other multi-byte characters.

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@Dec. 12 2002, 2:52 pm

Did you check to ensure that mult-byte characters can be entered in the forms/forums/pages?

Ä㲻ЩÖÐÎÄ©oÈç¹û²»ÓÐUnicode!

As you can see, the SX forums basterdize anything I write after I post.
smile.gif
The Characters are not correct, and make no sence. Would be the same with Japanese, or any other multi-byte characters.

I can't speak for the forums themselves as they are only temporary and were chosen mostly because they didn't have any annoying popups.

As for the rest of the site it is fully compatible with any text format. In fact all of our Japanese games feature full kana/kanji game tites in them. As long as your browser lets you paste the actual text into the input box (which is browser dependent) the site will work fine with it.

Obviously if your browser is missing the necessary files to display the foreing text it will appear as you well know as some gibberish characters. Like I said it's all browser dependent.

Hmm... Cut and paste doesn't work so great sometimes. Some programs refuse to accept characters when Cut and Paste is used, but accept them when they are writen directly into the text box's.

I noted this on many applications and webpages. For instance, with Nero, when I try to cut and paste Chinese song titles into the program it replaces each character with a "?". However, if I use my keyboard interface and write the Chinese directly into the box's, it works fine (Including preview).

Back