SMS Plus for Saturn Beta Release !!!

vbt

Staff member
Here is the first release of SMS Plus for Saturn with pretty high speed and CD support. The original emu is here. Many improvements on the Saturn version were done thanks to Charles Mac Donald and #smspower. This is the list of features of the emu :

- cz80 core debugged mainly by MKon

- hardware sprite management

- hardware scroll management

- hardware tiles/map management

- look up tables for colors, map, ...

- 2 players support

- 32Ko to 1Mo ROM support

- no synchro or frameskip

- no sound

Download here

Infos about the Cd :

- 39mo compressed with 7zip (www.7-zip.org)

- ready for JTUE countries

- 254 games included

- limit of 384 files if you want to add ROMs

- all ROMs must be checked/fixed with sms checker (http://www.smspower.org/maxim/smschecker/)

Commands :

- L,R : Move between games on the CD

- START : Load selected game

- A,B : and B of the SMS

Lemmings

Dsci0094.jpg

Wonder Boy 3

Dsci0095.jpg

Scramble Spirits
(2 players example)

Dsci0097.jpg

Wow nice work vbt! I have used the DC port, its pretty nice but it just seems cooler to be able to play on Saturn. I guess cause its so much harder to pull off! 🙂

Originally posted by mal+Tue, 2006-05-09 @ 03:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Tue, 2006-05-09 @ 03:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Awesome stuff vbt!

I'll give this a go when I get home. :thumbs-up:

[post=146143]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Thanks 🙂 you won't regret it 🙂

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Tue, 2006-05-09 @ 03:57 AM

Wow nice work vbt! I have used the DC port, its pretty nice but it just seems cooler to be able to play on Saturn. I guess cause its so much harder to pull off!  🙂

[post=146147]Quoted post[/post]​

No it's better on Saturn 😉

<!--QuoteBegin-Rockin'-B
@Tue, 2006-05-09 @ 09:04 AM

It's time to rock some SMS games on Saturn :rockin:  :rockin:  :rockin: !

[post=146151]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

I'm waiting for your acute feedback about this latest release and if thing are better/worse than before test binaries 🙂

I'm waiting for your acute feedback about this latest release and if thing are better/worse than before test binaries

The Virgin games are much better now, I've enjoyed Global Gladiators very much back then. Especially the music in the Mega Drive version was incredible!

Where is Psycho Fox gone, I couldn't find it. This game has undergone a massive speed improvement in your test binaries.

I already left some feedback in my forum, I'll give more as I proceed with playing.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Wed, 2006-05-10 @ 07:31 PM

The Virgin games are much better now, I've enjoyed Global Gladiators very much back then. Especially the music in the Mega Drive version was incredible!

Some sprites are still missing, I gave up to release something.

Where is Psycho Fox gone, I couldn't find it. This game has undergone a massive speed improvement in your test binaries.

Normally it should be on the CD, PSYCHO_1.SMS

I already left some feedback in my forum, I'll give more as I proceed with playing.

[post=146196]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for support and your tests 🙂

I haven't had a chance to try this out yet... but I will. 🙂

Work and Evelyn's (my daughter's) 6th birthday have conspired against me. It involved roller skating :lol:

Hey VBT. I just tried it out on the latest SSF. A few of sonic 2.sms sprites were messed up. Scrolling through the games was a little fast but could just be ssf.

Apart from that... one word... sweeeeeeeeet 😛 given that this is the first time I have ever touched an sms. :/

Great work! Keep it up 🙂 Would love to hear some sound one day 😉

I've now had three bad burns (verification errors) in a row...

I guess I'll just have to try it as is. :huh

Originally posted by mal@Thu, 2006-05-18 @ 03:19 AM

I've now had three bad burns (verification errors) in a row...

I guess I'll just have to try it as is. :huh

[post=146313]Quoted post[/post]​

Strange I didn't get this problem. :blink:

Back