Snatcher Poster

Gallstaff

Established Member
I was just playing snatcher for the second time through and i never really payed attention to the dialouge (the written out dialouge not the spoken parts). I just noticed something sorta interesting. If I remember right, the year is something like 2047 and Harry is 55 years old. He has a poster in his workshop of a famous star who was popular before he was born, which would have been in 1992. Since the poster is said to be about 50 years old, we can assume that the actress in the poster was just in the decline of her populatirty since harry would have been born 5 years before the poster was made.

Now upon looking at the poster, is this supposed be madonna? In 1994 she was just dying out of the public eye and harry even says she was popular before he was born. If said poster star was popular before he was born, this could have been anywhere from the late 70's to late 80's.

What do you guys think?

oh and I was looking for sites to see if my theory might be right and came across this one and those drawings of the characters look really high quality. Is that from some different console release or are they just instruction book inserts or something? Noting the differences in quality on the other pages of that site, it looks like the saturn and psx versions REALLY got overhauled. The graphics are sweet.

Oh and when the HELL were these pictures of metal gear in the game?

I assume your referring to the different Metal Gear bodies. Metal Gear got a new body for each console the specific game was on, hence the Metal Gear PC-Engine, Metal Gear Saturn, and so on. Manuals differ, some usual Japanese only stuff for the others, where pics may come from, like cd soundtracks and cards and such.

Ok well that make sense but if metal gear gets a new body each time, where exactly in the game does he get the sega cd body I never saw it. Although I never ACTUALLY finished the game so is it at the end?

And what about the poster

You never finished the game? It should be a crime not to.

As for the poster, have no idea. Snatcher fan websites may provide the answers you seek, those that are still around.

I love that shooting sequence music in the Sega CD. I think it's different for Saturn and PCE. Can't say for certain though as I haven't played either one in a long time.

Hm.

Oh i got another snatcher question. Is the funky intro in the sega cd version? People say there is an intro with info about the snatchers then gillian taking off the in the try-cycle but in FAKK's version all it is is it goes right from selecting the type of memory I will be using to the snatcher screen and picking new game or continue.

Do i have to wait for a while for the intro to play or somehting

EDIT: Heh nevermind. I've just been too much of a lazyass to not skip past the "charcaters in this game are entilrey ficticious" blah blah blah screen.

Back