Snatcher Problem

I have a problem with a rar dump of Snatcher found in one ftp i found around here.

Snatcher broken into 12 files, named like this:

Snatcher.part01.rar

Snatcher.part02.rar

Snatcher.part03.rar

...etcetera

The problem is, none of the rars is unrarable, because there is a crc error. Also I've tried to rename part02.rar to part01.r00 and so on, and winace opens it like an whole archive (instead of just one file per rar) but still, it is unpackable because of the error mentioned above.

Now ANY help with this would be *very* appreciated.

oh I hate when iso+mp3 files are split up like that. It's like the bastard child of bin/cue and iso+mp3. Your best bet is to redownload it with the simple one by one files. The iso, then mp3 02, 03, 04 etc.

Are all the RAR files corrupt or does the extraction get part way through and then fail?

I suggest you get WinRAR, test all of the RAR files with it and work out which file (or files) is bad. You may be able to repair them.

If you can't repair them, try redownloading the bad files.

Also I've tried to rename part02.rar to part01.r00 and so on, and winace opens it like an whole archive (instead of just one file per rar) but still, it is unpackable because of the error mentioned above.

This makes it sound like it's got one or more bad files and some sort of wierd file renaming going on.

(Edited by mal at 9:20 am on April 8, 2002)

Quote: from mal on 8:19 pm on April 7, 2002

Are all the RAR files corrupt or does the extraction get part way through and then fail?

I suggest you get WinRAR, test all of the RAR files with it and work out which file (or files) is bad. You may be able to repair them.

If you can't repair them, try redownloading the bad files.

Also I've tried to rename part02.rar to part01.r00 and so on, and winace opens it like an whole archive (instead of just one file per rar) but still, it is unpackable because of the error mentioned above.

This makes it sound like it's got one or more bad files and some sort of wierd file renaming going on.

(Edited by mal at 9:20 am on April 8, 2002)

First off all thanks to you both, seems I don't have much of a choice rather than downloading all again....

As for mal, I am going to try as you said, winrar, that might do it, and no, the extraction doesn't get going, as I said, it says it's a crc problem, which I think must be the on the header of the rar file.

Edit: update

Wow, using winrar really did it!!!

I didn't really expect this to happen, and what's more, the progra, after having unrared the 1st file (the one I didn't change the extension) asked me for part02.rar and not for part01.r00 which is really odd!!!

What happened there, I have no idea. ????

But thanks dude ;)

(Edited by PURASUMA at 1:56 pm on April 9, 2002)

Back