Snatcher Sample Test Disc at 98%

All the details are there under the Information and comparative link. Please tell me what you think and if you can help. I can at least tell that the text didn't change a single bit, but the amount of different bytes on the file is roughly 600 kb.... too much to be nothing at all.

Sample Disc Information Page

Artemio, you say on that page that you are positive that the digitized audio didn't change a bit in all of these three discs. But there is an audio difference that I posted about before on the Snatcher Fan Club yahoo group.

The audio difference between the US and European versions is that Metal Gear says "Just call me Metal Gear, Mega CD!" at the end of the game in the Euro version, but says "Sega Cd" in the US version.

About the sample disc, maybe there is some kind of graphic change in the game somewhere that accounts for the 600kb difference. Did you check the menu screen, title screen for any differences yet?

And how much did you have to shell out for this sample disc?

Originally posted by yourmaster@Wed, 2005-02-09 @ 06:46 PM

The audio difference between the US and European versions is that Metal Gear says "Just call me Metal Gear, Mega CD!" at the end of the game in the Euro version, but says "Sega Cd" in the US version.

I did document that in the page, maybe not as clear though:

"I am positive that the digitized audio didn't change a bit in all of these three disc, I have not checked with real detail the CDDA tracks except for the Mega/Sega CD difference with the European one."

About the sample disc, maybe there is some kind of graphic change in the game somewhere that accounts for the 600kb difference. Did you check the menu screen, title screen for any differences yet?

[post=129376]Quoted post[/post]​

I've checked some of the game, but have found no differences so far... The title screen is identical, and so much for most of teh random parts I've loaded here and there... Save games work across regular version and this disc, but save states from gens do not.

Back