SNES CRC FIX --> Needed? How To?

Hey guys,

I have an SNES image which has been modified so it no longer passes CRC checks. Does the SNES Console only run games which have a valid CRC? If so, is there a way to re-calculate it and instert the new value into the SNES Image so it can pass the check?

Thanks,

Oh wait, another question I also wanted to ask is if the SNES is able to output S-Video correctly? Does it really give you better picture with S-Video, or does it simulate it or something (Like RGB) which doesn't give any quality increase?

Does the SNES Console only run games which have a valid CRC?

As far as I know, it doesn't care. The key thing to boot it is feeding it a correct CIC stream.

Oh wait, another question I also wanted to ask is if the SNES is able to output S-Video correctly?

The original SNES does. The new SNES does not. The PPU outputs these signals on both but you need to add the connections yourself on an SNES2.

Does it really give you better picture with S-Video, or does it simulate it or something (Like RGB) which doesn't give any quality increase?

I don't know what you mean by "like RGB"; AFAIK the PPU outputs both "real" RGB and S-Video.

I was going to suggest posting this over at NX - I'm sure they'd like the post :
wink.gif
: - but they don't like roms and don't have a tech help forum.

Translations/Hacking forum perhaps?

[edit take 2] or have ExCyber answer your questions.
biggrin.gif

Hey wait a sec! N64 plugs for video/audio look the same as an SNES! Does that mean, I can run out and get an N64 S-video cable and run in on a Super nintendo!?!

I'm assuming by that CRC question that trent is trying to run a patched game (Maybe with a trainer) on a SNES? Where did you guys get your Backup Drives? Maybe people can write about how they got theirs.

The SNES, N64 and GameCube are all compatable with the same video cable. It makes my life a lot simpler and saves me from having to buy another AV switchbox
smile.gif

Back