SNES/GENESIS Power Adapter

Oh, I forgot to mention, what kind of head does each need? I know in Radio Shack they sell all kinds of AC Adapter heads for diffrent size sockets, ect.

model 1 genesis is 9 V, 1.2 A, center negative.

SNES is 9 or 10 V, 1.2 A, but some are AC and some DC.. I think european ones use DC while US use AC. not sure about the details right now since I don't have one handy, but I know the US SNES can run just fine with a genesis 1 power supply if you modify the connector.

SNES. 10v, 850ma. The size is custom. You're better off getting a replacement from a vidgame store like Babbages or Funco.

SFC should be the same, since the USA and Japan use about, if not exactly the same AC voltage levels. Still, I'd do some research before experimenting.

radio shack sells replacemet power supplies

at least the ones by me do

they sell genesis and snes replacemet units

the one i use is the selectable one - i think its 3-12V also its the one with the changeable head - i bought the asortment pack they had and it had all the right heads in it for most of my systems (i had to buy the head for the atari type seperately)

the one i use is the selectable one - i think its 3-12V also its the one with the changeable head

If you buy one of these, be sure to check the label and see if it has a good current rating; many of this type are intended for low-power stuff like portable CD players and such and have low ratings like 400-500mA. Most consoles that have DC input need 1-1.3A.

yea forgot to mention that- but the one i got was the only one radio shack caries (according to the guy that worked there) and it works with every system i have

Back