SNES GOTM January:Super Scope 6

How about Super Scope 6 for SNES GOTM for January. I have always liked this game. The Super Scope was an awesome accesory and with six different games to use it on, on one cartridge all I can say is hell ya. Post your thoughts and experiences with this game. I think it's about time for me to dust off the old Super Scope and bring it out of retirement.

Super scope was fun but heavy as hell :D my shoulder usually got tired fast, I must say that the only scope game that I played was the first one with came out with the SS, man that was a long time ago ;)

I, personally hated the Super Scope. All I wanted was a "real" light gun. Not some damn bazooka. It was too damn heavy and killed your shoulder after awhile.

I never thought it was heavy. I thought it was hella fun. And AtaryFX the game that came with the Super Scope was Super Scope 6. It had 6 different games in it. That's the one you were talking about, right?

It was a fun concept, sort of like the power glove, but just good in theory really.
The Super Scope 6 game that came with it was pretty fun though.

Yeah, I used to have the scope, but have since sold it. Super Scope 6 was fun - my fav game was missile command (shoot the incoming missiles). I also had Yoshi Safari which was a great game for the scope. In an matter of fact, it's on my fav SNES games list. Although the scope was heavy and gets a bit tiresome to keep balanced (the weight you lift with the arm on the trigger is what really hurts ;)), my main complaint was looking through the scope - my neck got saw a lot faster than my hand, that's for sure :rock:

I always wanted to play Battleclash with the super scope. Has anyone played it with the super scope? I might consider tracking them down.

SAG26 said:
I never thought it was heavy. I thought it was hella fun. And AtaryFX the game that came with the Super Scope was Super Scope 6. It had 6 different games in it. That's the one you were talking about, right?
Yes thats the one, I remember some of the games, like tetris in which you had to shoot the pieces to rotate them, a "pop the weasel" game and a couple more. Those were good times.

Back