So I just ordered the Beast

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
The Beast

Athlon 64 Mobile 3200

DVD-RW

60GB 5400rpm (might replace with 7200 later on)

1GB RAM

Radeon 9600 pro

Next day shipping!

So either tommorow or the next day since they are in California and I am in PA.

Man I am soooo excited! Time to download the new SuSe for the 64bit cpu!

yeah they still make slower drives.

they are good if you want a cool, quiet drive that will last longer.

I'd get some for "extra" boxes, but probably not my main work machine (for lots of graphic/video work)

It's in a laptop, they just started making 5400 drives about a year ago and this year 7200rpm. Before it was only 4200rpm in laptops.

Actually the 7200rpm laptop hard drives are quieter and consume less power then the older 4200rpm and 5400rpm hard drives.

Technology is a good thing.

Heh yeah, nice rig. My girlfriend has one of those Ti Powerbooks, that thing will burn your pants right off your legs. ;)

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Dec 9, 2003 @ 12:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Dec 9, 2003 @ 12:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-gameboy900@Dec 8, 2003 @ 07:51 PM

So what are you gonna do with this monster pc. Stare at the shell prompt and wonder what to do with it?

:lol: Is that what you would do? :eek:mg: [/b][/quote]

Probably....especially since I already have a laptop I hardly use anymore (now that school is finished).

Oh and the proper term these days is "notebook" not "laptop". The later hurts....ALOT!!

ice where in pa are you located? i didnt know any of the board members were from here let alone "the man" :)

Dyne, there's a bunch from PA, including myself.

Ice, what's the battery life on this laptop like? This machine has tickled my fancy - I might just get it sooner or (more likely) later.

I live in Bucks County, PA.

The battery lasts 2-3hrs which isnt that bad for such a powerfull laptop.

Back