So I reviewed the Phantasy Star Gen 2 soundtrack

So I was bored and I wrote up a review to the Phantasy Star Generation 2 soundtrack.

Check it out, it's in Word format.

The Soundtrack itself can be downloaded in PSF format from www.Zophar.net. For all of you not aware of how to listen to PSF files, there is a special winamp plugin on Zophar that gives you the option. Just dump the .DLL file in to the plugins folder.

Let me know what you folks think of the soundtrack and how it compares to the original.

Here is

http://www3.telus.net/public/traviswd/Phan...ck%20review.doc

I downloaded that myself and considered posting the availability in the news section, but decided not to. Anyway, I didn't read your whole review, but from I gathered it sounds like you're with me on the opinion "not bad, but not really better than the original".

Overall, the choice of synths was often times questionable, and many tracks lack sharp percussion and lack contrast.

I also took the opportunity to d\l the gba ps soundtracks, and was surprised to find there were virtually identical to the genesis originals, but have that lo-fi gba output sound to them (maybe fixable if they worked more on the plugin, but that's how the real gba hardware tends to sound)

Originally posted by emazur@Tue, 2005-09-06 @ 04:58 PM

I downloaded that myself and considered posting the availability in the news section, but decided not to. Anyway, I didn't read your whole review, but from I gathered it sounds like you're with me on the opinion "not bad, but not really better than the original".

Overall, the choice of synths was often times questionable, and many tracks lack sharp percussion and lack contrast.

I also took the opportunity to d\l the gba ps soundtracks, and was surprised to find there were virtually identical to the genesis originals, but have that lo-fi gba output sound to them (maybe fixable if they worked more on the plugin, but that's how the real gba hardware tends to sound)

[post=139269]Quoted post[/post]​

I was really impressed with the GBA port as well. The tunes stood out just as well as they did on the Genesis. I would have grinded my way through all three games had they not felt so dated.

I don't think that too many people are even aware that PS G2 was released. I think that a game review deserves some kind of recognition in here.

Has anyone played it?

Back