So I'm making myself a wardriving van!

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

http://www.eliforpresident.com/gibson.html

In short we are going to construct a mobile computer lab with wireless hookups. It will include a cheap tv with hookups to various console systems, a gas generator, mini fridge, and whatever else our crazy minds think of. For an antenna we are going to use a usb wireless adapter, a long-ass USB cable, and glue a bunch of neodynium magnets to the bottom of it (ghetto style but very effective). Most of the stores around here use wireless connections and WEP is easily hacked into, free internet on the go
smile.gif

Yep, me and a friend of mine are going to try it out. I have the computer/networking knowledge and he has the mechanical knowledge.

I'll keep you posted with pics too :smash

Step 1 - Find a cheap full size van that runs.....

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Apr 14, 2003 @ 06:48 PM

Step 1 - Find a cheap full size van that runs.....

Hmm. I know my parents might be thinking about ditching their van soon. It's an '88 Chevy Starcraft conversion van. It's age shows and it's got some problems, but it would surely be cheap! We've been the only owners of it, so it's got that going for it. My dad doesn't want to give it away... says he owes it better than that. I could ask if you're really interested. I only live in Rochester, NY, so it's not really that far away. I could get you some pics too.

Heh, good idea....good luck to you, and don't get caught "shareing" people's bandwidth

Yeah this confuses me, how are you gonna do this without peopl noticing a big van with attenas outside and someone using their connection? I mean you know put two and two together.

Back