So you just blew it big time playing a game...

Let's say you're doing just awesome in a video game...you finally are in range of beating it for the first time...you are a tiny fraction away from beating that high score you always looked up to...but then you screw up. In fact, you really screw up. In a few remarkably ungraceful moments, you lose everything, and you know it will take a miracle for you to ever get it again. How do you respond?

I became curious about this after I talked to one of my old friends just recently. When he was younger, he went through about a half dozen controllers and one SNES because of his fits of gaming rage. This is the direct opposite of me. I treat my games, systems and controllers like they couldn't be more precious. I even dust them off before I use them if it's been more than an hour or two since last time. It goes against my grain to damage my stuff.

That's not to say I don't get angry when I lose, though. I've been known to let some unpleasant words ring through the house whenever something goes seriously wrong.

What do you do?

I immediately turn the game off, but I don't pout - I'm much more likely to snarl and stomp around the house.

Heh - I laugh/ chuckle/ smirk depending on how serious the loss was. Needless to say, I voted for completely apathetic. In a matter of fact, I just breezed through to level 9 of Blazing Lasers, and then got game over. It took me just under an hour, and I lost all 13 of my lives in one single spot of the level. Level 9 is the last level, and the boss was less than 5 minutes away. Passed it once before (same spot gave me the same trouble ;)), though in the event in which I don't beat the game, I just leave it for another day.

I've been stuck at 119 stars in Super Mario 64 for about a year now, but I figure that I'll find the last star when the time comes - no walkthrough/ cheating for me, thankyou very much!

Depends vastly on the game and situation. Sometimes it's just a "Whoops!" or "Well shit..." but occasionally a game will really tick me off, in which case I'd have to say I get frustrated and curse. But if the game really tees me off, I just turn it off. I never hurt the hardware.

WHAT DO YOU THINK!!

come on... its me, i have to bug out! Unless its in multiplayer, then im pretty apathetic and continue on playing. But if I forgot to save for like 3 hours and get to some massive end boss and then blow it big time. OHHHHH im in rage. Im punching myself and kicking shit. Like "Kid Chameleon" I made it to the end boss with NO cheats back in middle school, i was turning off the tv and leaving it there while i slept or went to school... kinda a semi save feature. When I got there and died instantly i literally crushed the cartridge under my mothers car tire! I have recently purchased it again and finally beat it about 7 months ago.

Back