Software Piracy & Communism!

piracy5ci.gif

commie_p3.jpg

And, don't forget people... I repeat the same and lazy sentence. You should only download games, movies, music & programs which you already own because if you download anything else...

Your Souls will be burn in the fiery pits of Hell and be tormented for all of eternity!!!

onfire.gif
onfire.gif
onfire.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

lol.gif

biggrin.gif

No wait! There is Tile Coasters, Aprons and even Tote Bags!

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store.aspx?s=mhsuperstore.460

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Well, let's not kid ourselves. You are stealing something when you download a commercial piece of software, whether it's an mp3 or a game. People do it because it is easy, available, and "free." It would be hypocritical of me to put a moral judgement on the act, but we shouldn't delude ourselves.

One of the most stupid articles I've ever read on the internet is about how p2p downloading is a realization of the Marxist. So now it's morally right to do this, if you follow Marx. If you download illegal files, at least have the decency to admit it as such.

Abolishing copyright or otherwise making it irrelevant doesn't necessarily bring about any kind of communist system, because producers are still entitled to set the price of the first copy, which is their property. Without copyright they just aren't granted a monopoly on all copies.

If you download mp3s off bittorrent whilst waiting for the CDs you have purchased off ebay to arrive are you breaking the law?

Originally posted by EliteEvi;@Mon, 2006-03-13 @ 11:32 AM

If you download mp3s off bittorrent whilst waiting for the CDs you have purchased off ebay to arrive are you breaking the law?

[post=145084]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think so. I believe you would be in the clear, as long as you can show them your ebay generated reciept.

OMG, it's the CCCP missile!!! :smash

Attachments

• Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_1.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_1.PNG
    119.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_2.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_2.PNG
    111 KB · Views: 140
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_3.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_3.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_4.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_4.PNG
    99.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_1.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_1.PNG
    119.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_2.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_2.PNG
    111 KB · Views: 146
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_3.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_3.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_4.PNG
    Combined_Community_Codec_Pack_4.PNG
    99.6 KB · Views: 147

i think you stole my rant about the burning in the fire pits from my sig after one of the big torrent sites got shut down and i linked all the pics that the mpaa put up on the site in my sig and then changed their little piracy kills babies message to reflect my views of the mpaa

Originally posted by joe81@Fri, 2006-03-17 @ 03:20 AM

i think you stole my rant about the burning in the fire pits from my sig after one of the big torrent sites got shut down and i linked all the pics that the mpaa put up on the site in my sig and then changed their little piracy kills babies message to reflect my views of the mpaa

[post=145138]Quoted post[/post]​

Far from it!

I've been using this quote (and its variations depending on the case...) since 2000 when I 1st started posting at retrogames & geoshock.

Back then the flame wars raged supreme so a nice catchy quote was needed! ;)

Considering over 70% of the children in this country are without health insurance, what's wrong with a little Communisim?

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Fri, 2006-03-17 @ 06:44 PM

Considering over 70% of the children in this country are without health insurance, what's wrong with a little Communisim?

[post=145150]Quoted post[/post]​

You have no idea how much I actually agree with this...

oh crap, the Republicans are gonna come out of the woodwork again...

:p icey :p

Back