Some "Dream" Games From Sega

I really think Sega had it right when they pushed the DC towards online gaming. But now since its 3rd party I don't see a bliss of online RPG's and Seganet stuff that I expected to see comming from them. Which is rather disappointing because there is a whole lot of money to be made with those kinds of subscription based online MMO games. Thusly I present to you my list of "Dream" Sega games. But before you go on reading, be aware that I am not the kind of person how belives in beating to death old proven franchises. I did fell in love with Sega Games cause they were always on the edge, different, and edgy at times. So this is more a list of things I think Sega should invest in. Here goes:

- Firstly I think PDO has a great control shemce, a control sheme that would be awesome if sega teamed up with nintendo and made dare I say it, Zelda: Online. Although this is an impossiblility, think about the facts, Nintendo knows nothing about online gaming, they would surely need help to make their first. And they ( nintendo) even allowed Sega the use of thei F-zero Franchise. Also with Seganet backing them, it would be a great oppertunity for both companies Sega can imporve their already established internet infrastructure, and Nintendo doesnt have to spend money on making one. Age old rivals uniting to make a brand new work of art.

- 2nd, a brand new idea, http://www.ninjai.com, go visit the site, frankly I'm in love with the little ninja guy, it soo damn cool, Imagine him reinvented as a Sega Franchise, the possiblities are endless, and all freaking awesome.

- 3rd, well okie I guess this is the least origanal of my "dream" game ideas, but no_swearing_allowed its my fav. game of all time. Skies of Arcadia: Online!!!!!! - i dont think i need to say more
smile.gif

- 4rth http://www.dchiang.com/ - go check out Robota, think off an online world, made Sega style, that looks like that, - simply put, work of art.

- 5th Vector Man, anyone remeber him? okie, another beat to death franchise, but I invison it in a new way. You see his world was so awesome and seeing all those Tron 2.0 screens, i think Sega can make an awesome game off of the world in Vector Man. Back in the day he was Sega's awnser to Metroid.

Well hope you guys like my ideas, and if anyone of you actually has a pull at Sega, these aren't copy righted
smile.gif

A new Vectorman would be sweet.

But the real game that would be a great Gamecube (or other system) game, would be a new Nights into Dreams.

I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a new 2D (with some 3D elements) Sonic game. Like a souped up Sonic 2. Add in a great soundtrack, Some quality cutscenes that put together a decent story. Have some neat 3D bonus levels, some really cool Robotnik bosses, and a awesome color pallate (compared to older Genesis Sonics). I would buy it in a heartbeat (if it was on a system I owned). Look at how good Ikaruga can make old-school 2D games look and sound. Just apply those techniques to a 2D sonic game!

This was what I was hoping for with 32 & 64 bit systems.

But no, they have to try to make everything 3D
tongue.gif

Nintendo knows about online gameing, more than Sony. Well, Sony has EQ so maybe not.....but anyways, remeber Radnet? no? cuz u be close-minded, nuff said.

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct. 02 2002, 7:39 pm

I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a new 2D (with some 3D elements) Sonic game.

What about the Advance ones? The new one's graphics look fantastic.

I always thought it was a shame we didn't get a new 2d Sonic game on the Saturn.. All that sprite pushing ability went to waste as far as Sonic was concerned.

someone else that liked vectorman, sweet. but yeah some good 2d/3d games would be nice hell even some 2d games. but now a days the average gamer wants it all to be 3d except his/her capcom fighters.

Originally posted by Myname+Oct. 02 2002, 7:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myname @ Oct. 02 2002, 7:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Oct. 02 2002, 7:39 pm

I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a new 2D (with some 3D elements) Sonic game.

What about the Advance ones? The new one's graphics look fantastic.

I always thought it was a shame we didn't get a new 2d Sonic game on the Saturn.. All that sprite pushing ability went to waste as far as Sonic was concerned.[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I'm gonna have to check them out sometime.

But I mean a little more powerful -- I'm not sure the GBA can push out such 2D/3D power and sound like Ikaruga.

Whenever I play fighers megamix, I always toy with the idea of playing a fighting game with all sega characters, even with ones from obscure titles.

I'd also like to see Sega produce a fps that would take the world by storm, and be regarded (with plenty of justification) as a Halo killer.

I'd also love another Nights, true Phantasy Star installment taking place immediately after II or maybe before it, taking place while motherbrain begins it's control, a Shining Force sequel,

Oh oh, and action RPG, featuring Golden Axe characters.

Anyway, with any of these wishes, the thing I would like to see most about them, is the storyline. The storyline should be solid, original, and involving.

Nights

A phantasy star right after the events of 2, before 4. there is a fanfic about that at www.camineet.net Very intriguing!

Fighters Megamix, I agree! I remember (In my earlier years) writing emails to sega custom swervice (thinking they would consider it) My ideas for FIGHTERS MONSTERMIX , a game where you could be zombies from HoD , crazy taxies, ryo hazukis and some other classic characters (phantasy star , panzer dragood etc)

I really wish sega would do something with the fighting vipers engine which i love so dearly..

the world of fighters does not realize they do not have to be incredibly complex like VF and Tekken to be fun.. I still play FM, 312 hours total on the book keep

Yeah, they had Sonic the Fighters in the arcade -- now if they'd just spiff it up and release it for a console -- probably gamecube to show up Smash Bros Melee.
smile.gif

here's another interesting post at another board I was just browsing:

http://alwaysgame.com/bboard....&topic=

Some very interesting Sega game ideas

Both of my fantasy games have been so near.. yet so far.

Virtua Fighter Quest: Touted for Gamecube a while back and hardly heard of since.

Planet Harriers: Supposedly was gonna also be released for Gamecube but it seems unlikely now.

Originally posted by Myname@Oct. 03 2002, 5:52 pm

Virtua Fighter Quest: Touted for Gamecube a while back and hardly heard of since.

Planet Harriers: Supposedly was gonna also be released for Gamecube but it seems unlikely now.

Never heard of the Planet Harriers.

(have any links with info?)

But give them time -- they might show up.

Wow, that's pretty sweet.

Man, Sega make's the coolest arcade games!

BTW, is it just me or does it seem kinda strange to come out with a Virtua Fighter Quest without having a VF game on a Nintendo system? They should port VF4 over to CG as well.

Originally posted by Myname@Oct. 04 2002, 11:52 am

Wasn't that the premise for what later turned out to be Shenmue? A Virtua Fighter RPG?

What is the deal with planet harriers? I sure hope it sees the light f day..

as for a new megamix, why not? AM2 could rule the genre with it

Originally posted by Curtis+Oct. 03 2002, 8:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Curtis @ Oct. 03 2002, 8:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Myname@Oct. 04 2002, 11:52 am

Wasn't that the premise for what later turned out to be Shenmue? A Virtua Fighter RPG?[/b][/quote]

No Virtua Fighter Quest was just announced a few months ago. I guess it was supposed to be like an RPG with the Virtua Fighter characters.

Back