Some Saturn games don't work!

I am new to this but I have had success burning Sega Rally Champ for the Saturn. I burnt UMK3, Touring Car, and Manxx TT. Rally was the only one that worked, the others give a message saying it's an unreadable format. I burned all the games the SAME way but only one works. I look on the CDs in the cdrom drive of the computer and the 3 that don't work have folders in them while Sega Rally does not, sega rally just has the root with all the files. I got an ISO reader and opend the other isos to see what's inside them, it looks like there is one folder that looks like it should be the root, just like the Rally game. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, I am using the mixed mode from image file on EZCD 95 and all that. I just can't figure this out.

Do some files need to be converted? There are lots of dat and bin files in the ISO.

Thanks

Some games only seam to work after their country code is converted, an example would be DBZ Legends. It didn't work for me until I transfered the code to USA. You can get a code changer in the misc section of SX.

Great! I got it converted but the ISO has directories in it and I don't think the Saturn can read that. I changed the country code of the ISO so can I now take out the files in the folder that look like they belong in the root and burn those with the audio?

if you burn just files, you get a coaster. sounds more like you didn't get the right country version of the game for your saturn.

Don't take anything out of the directories...i've burned many games where there are folders in the ISO...ex-Omake...(has art)

they all work fine...

Gotcha, no touchie ISO files. That's bad. I'll just burn the iso as normal. I looked at the iso file that worked when I burned it and it was usa compatable while all the others were not, looks to be the issue. Thanks guys, I'll let you know.

speaking of country code and crap. I'm curious. I'm getting a mod-chip in a week (hopefully, so my dad can help me solder when I go to his house next weekend), and I hope to get one of the 4 in 1 carts (4mb ram for the fighting games that require it, converter, 4mb memory card, cheat cart, and something else, I can't remember it), soon after. Anyway, here's my question. if I had a CD-R of, say, X-Men vs Street Fighter for example, would the mod-chip boot AND converter+4mb RAM work together? or would I have to convert to USA country code first, then so only the mod-chip+4mb RAM could work together?

They work great. The only game I've ever patched is PDS and I have at least 100 import CDRs. I could only get my filthy hands on a copy of PDS from Oz - thanx Alex Kid. PDS won't work with an AR cart in case you're wondering why I patched it.

Back