Some Saturn games not loading

it's been about a year since last time I was here, my first saturn mod didn't work, and now I got a new one. I've not yet put in the mod chip because swaping is working just fine...sorta, here is the problem.

I can play Shining Force 3, it swaps fine as does Shining Wisdom and SF3s2 after country convertion . SF3 I burnt a long time ago, SW I burnt recently to test swaping with my new saturn and SF3s2 was just today. I then got Guardian Hero's and Die hard arcade for some two player fun with my friend, however this is the problem.

When those CDs are in the drive doesn't read it like any of the working ones. It sits there reads the data forever, then the menu screen pops up, it reads it more, than says I can't use it. It did this for SF3s2 and I put in a real game, hit reset, then did a swap after it read the copyright and it worked fine. I tried this for Guardian Heros and it only worked once, and it crashed after the intro. Die Hard never even got that far.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this, or what my problem is. To me, I think it has something to do with the amount of data on the CD. The games that do work are bigger, while the ones that don't are small as far as the rings on the CD go and the laser might not be picking them up. Then again that sounds stu[id and I have no techincal experiance to back that up, I just figure someone here can help me atleast.

are these all backups you are talking about?

maybe they are bad burns or the discs went bad over time.

sounds like a swap method problem... describe the way you are swapping... both guardian heroes and die hard arcade use CDDA tracks and neither of the shining games do. try these methods:

The "classic" method:

1-Power on the saturn with the backup cd inside

2-When cd slows down and saturn tries to read the protection ring swap for an original.

3-When the original speeds up, and the lens comes back to the center, swap for the copied cd again. (this swap is to be done a little after the lens reaches the center)

An alternative method (and easier as the last swap doesn't have a so strict timing):

1-Power on the saturn with the backup cd inside, and pressing button A on Pad1 (you can let the button when the saturn falls to the cdplayer)

2-When the cd completely stops, swap for an original and press reset

3-Saturn will read the protection from the original and again when the lens comes back swap for the original.

I am using CDR backups

I use the classic method for everything except SF3s2 and Guardian Heros which I use the other method. I use the other method for those because the laser never goes to check the copyright. It stays trying to read the disc before telling me it can't. Guardian heros still never gets past the intro movie though and since all the other games I've burnt with the same program on same types of disc work (except Die Hard, another small game) I thought it had to do with the size of the data the laser is reading.

I"m burning the ISOs. I use Sonic's Recordnow. It came with my new computer and has a "burn image" option. I've used that on all my ISOs and it works, except for the ones that don't work....-_-

Ok that's your problem :p

You should have a bunch of mp3's (or wav's) that came with the .iso..

Put the .iso and the mp3's in a separate folder and download Sega Cue Maker (ISO+MP3) (or Sega Cue Maker (ISO+WAV)) put it in that same folder and run it, it will ask you for a name just write something accordingly :p

Then you will have a .cue file in that folder, that's what you should load up on burning app's, i dont know that one you are using but it probably won't "burn" cuesheets, so... get Nero or CDRWin... there are plenty of tutorials on Help & Faq here at SX :p

Back