• Rise from your gwave!

Some simple newbie questions

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by YelloMichael, Mar 14, 2002.

1. YelloMichael

YelloMichael New Member

Well, I have a few questions. I am trying to burn the Saturn Netlink game and I am using CDRWIN. I have the saturn netlink cartrige thing, but I lost the browser disc so I need to burn one.

Here are the files that I am trying to burn onto a CDR:

Sega Saturn - Netlink (U) v3.0.bin

Sega Saturn - Netlink (U) v3.0.cue

Sega Saturn - Netlink (U) v3.0.sfv

It said to load tracks or cue file so I loaded the cue file. It burned fine, but when I tried to use it on my saturn using the swap method it didn't work. Was the ".sfv" file added to the disc. What am I supposed to do? Help?

Thanks in advance.

2. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

i suggest you refer to the misc section, as there is a tutorial there for cdrwin, which is the best peice of sotware for the purpose ( http://www.goldenhawk.com )

or use fireburner ( http://www.fireburner.com )

basicly discard the sfv, and open the cuesheet in the program, this will tell the program how to bun the contents of the bin onto a cdr

if you want further info, the misc section is the best place to look

3. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

Hmm, it's hard to tell. It could be one of the following:
    • You forgot to convert the country code to match that of your Saturn using the Saturn Country Code Changer (i.e., SatConv) before burning
    • Your swap technique wasn't successful (it's best to test on a modded Saturn); do you have a model 2 Saturn?
    • Your copy of CDRWin was patched
    • The CD-R used was faulty
    • You burned it too fast (e.g., at 24x)
    • The BIN/CUE you downloaded was faulty (load the SFV file with WinSFV to validate your downloaded files)
    My guess is either the first or second or both.