Something is awry at the circle K...

Hey all. I've got a problem with Unreal tournament. I have an xrgb compatible RGB cable for my dreamcast, but when I put in Unreal, the game resets consistently right after the sega logo. If I switch to S-video, no problems whatsoever.

Also, another problem I frequently have is, games loading inconsistently. Particularly jedi power battles and rez. For rez I have to use an boot loader, and sometimes it loads, sometimes not. For jedi power battles, same problem only no boot loader. Any ideas?

I can tell ya for sure that your copy of Unreal needs to have an RGB patch applied - that is, if yours is a burned copy and not an original game. If it IS an original, starting it with a bootdisc that supports RGB might solve the issue.

For the other two games, I'm not sure...but the same *may* apply: use a bootdisc that inits the system properly to use RGB output, then put in the game and start it.

Originally posted by pheadbaq@Oct. 29 2002, 4:38 am

Hey all. I've got a problem with Unreal tournament. I have an xrgb compatible RGB cable for my dreamcast, but when I put in Unreal, the game resets consistently right after the sega logo. If I switch to S-video, no problems whatsoever.

Also, another problem I frequently have is, games loading inconsistently. Particularly jedi power battles and rez. For rez I have to use an boot loader, and sometimes it loads, sometimes not. For jedi power battles, same problem only no boot loader. Any ideas?

Most of these problems can be rectified by walking into a shop and BUYING these games... a forgotten art by some
tongue.gif

From the uk.games.video.dreamcast FAQ:

Q. I have heard that some games don`t display a picture on a PAL DC?

A. Some US and Japanese games will not display a picture when used with an RGB SCART lead, regardless of what region console they are played on. They will work with a composite/RF/S-Video connection. Games known to not work are:

Giga Wing (JAP)

Skies of Arcadia (US)

Pen Pen (JAP)

US Web Browser version 2.0

Unreal Tournament (US)

I find it hard to imagine that companies would willingly release software they know does not work on Dreamcasts using the RGB connection, regardless of how little use they might think it saw...

"Something's afoot at the Circle K."

And yes indeed, all of them are worth the DVD purchase.

*sighs happily*

It's all about the princesses, baby!

Back