Son of a....

Alright....So, yeah....I just spent hours downloading Panzer Dragoon Saga CD1 from LockeCole2's FTP, and files *.r05 through *.r14 all refuse to cooperate with my WinRAR. It states that the files are either in an unknown format or they are damaged. So, am I just pretty much screwed or is there anything I can do about this?

Did you resume any of the downloads from Lockecole2's FTP?

For some reason doing so corrupts them.
sad.gif

Oh, you have got to be kidding me....Yeah, I had to resume practically all of them because they like to stop transferring at 27.0 out of 28.6 MB quite often. Apparently, it's the .rar fad. All the cool .rars are doing it....Shite. Alright. I'll try redownloading them and pray to whatever supreme being may hear my pleas that they don't stop transferring and force me to resume....I blame Bill Gates. It's his fault somehow.

Originally posted by Michaias@July 18 2002, 10:05 pm

Oh, you have got to be kidding me....Yeah, I had to resume practically all of them because they like to stop transferring at 27.0 out of 28.6 MB quite often. Apparently, it's the .rar fad. All the cool .rars are doing it....Shite. Alright. I'll try redownloading them and pray to whatever supreme being may hear my pleas that they don't stop transferring and force me to resume....I blame Bill Gates. It's his fault somehow.

you might want to ask the ftp op to create some par files for you too, that should help you out if you have recurring problems on the same files. (but they'd be just as large if that's not the prob)

No, I have cable. However, I use ComShaft, so, it doesn't ever like to run at 100% of its actual potential. Still, for the most part, size isn't such a big deal and neither is time.

You can try and use the repair feature in WinRAR if the person who packed the game bothered to put recovery records.

Zero 9 Posted on July 20 2002, 9:33 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try and use the repair feature in WinRAR if the person who packed the game bothered to put recovery records.

i have never ever encountered that being done in all my days and i doubt you have either

all of my games get stored with a recovery record even if it does add like 30 megs but its better than having to redwnld 300 meg file. so if and when i get my ftp up all my games get recovery records. so then i be user friendly
biggrin.gif
but thats when i bring in the pop up ads.

NO! Evil Pop up ads!....But Recovery good....Damn....I did manage to get the entire file, and the game operates fine now. Just some more time involved, but hey, it's free. I can't complain too much.

Back