Sonc The Hedgehog games best to least best

Maybe this has been done a gazillion times. But thought it might be fun to list out all the sonic games and rank them top to bottom.

I'm going to discard all fake sonic games (games that are only "sonic" to take advantage of the brand, not to be an actual sonic game, like sonic tennis or sonic kart racing or something).

I'll look for suggestions from others and modify the rankings to suit the majority, (well maybe).

1. Sonic 1 (Genesis)

- I know everyone says Sonic 2 is the best, and maybe it is, but there's just something magical about the first one, the more simple, methodical gameplay.

2. Sonic 3 (Genesis)

3. Sonic 2 (Genesis)

- So I'm going to buck the system and not put sonic 2 first for a change. It's not worth starting a topic to repeat what everyone else does.

4. Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)

- I like what the did for 3D sonic in the dreamcast games

5. Sonic and knuckles (Genesis)

6. Sonic CD (Sega CD)

- I'm also miss putting this in the top 5, though some say it is the best sonic game of all time. It is good, good music and colorful. But something about how the levels are just a bit shorter horizontally. They did that to compensate for having to go through the whole level 3 times (present, past, future), but in the end it makes the levels seem a bit small. And the forces repeating of the same parts of the level 3 times (for good ending) is a bit annoying at times. I will admin to being a huge sega CD fan, favorite console.

7. Sonic Advance 3 (GBA)

8. Sonic Advance 2 (GBA)

9. Sonic Advance (GBA)

10. Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)

10. Sonic Triple Trouble (Game Gear)

11. Sonic Chaos (Game Gear/SMS)

12. Knuckles Chaotix (32X)

13. Sonic 2 (Game Gear/SMS)

14. Sonic 1 (Game Gear/SMS)

15. Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis/Saturn)

Now I haven't played the PS2 afterwards sonics yet (Heroes, Rush, sonic 4, shadow, etc) so I'm hoping others can advice me where to insert them into the list.

Also, some of the portable sonics might be missing, or need to be shuffled around a bit. Again, please post your suggestions! And missing sonic games.

My top 3 are the genesis classics.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 1

The next 2 are nostalgic favorites of mine but probably don't hold up now.

4. Sonic 2 (Game Gear)

5. Sonic Adventure (DC)

To round out the list of games I've played and can remember the bulk of:

6. Sonic CD

7. Sonic & Knuckles

8. Sonic Advance 2

9. Sonic Adventure 2 (DC)

10. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (XBLA)

11. Sonic Rush (DS)

12. Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)

13. Sonic 1 (SMS)

And finally my Avoid list(bad to worst):