Sonic heroes demo

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
Just played it, and having played the leaked e3 demo, I can say that this is definetly much more polished. The first stage has a few small differences, but the second stage of the demo is completely different. As far as I can tell Shadow plays exactly like Sonic, Rouge plays exactly like Tails, and there is this robot thing that's the equivalent of Knuckles.

Anyone else tried the new demo yet and have any opinions?

OK OK, I know you have to have a gamecube and (for right now) you have to buy mario kart double dash to play it... but man this game is soooooooooo awesome the first level is a souped up version of the first level in sonic adventures, but the three on one combination of sonic tails and knuckles works well, they each have a "special" attack, most notebly sonic has a sweeeet tornado attack, in which he swoops around the enemies, and creates and blue tornadoe on the screen engulfing the enemies there, I must admit, to only playing this game for a very breif period, but man oh man, its sweet, and you get two levels in the demo level one as the good guys, and level 8, what looks to me as a "bad guy " stage... oh well after work, I plan on tearing this game up, so I will be back with more. thanks.. :cheers

Yeah I got the bonus disc with double dash too, but I wasn't too impressed... with sonic heroes... i think i'm gonna have to give it another try

yeah unfortunately I didn't play it for more than 10 minutes, but I loved it, and I am anxious for the full copy in two months.... but I will kick the tires so to speak, a little more on this one.

With a wave of his wand

and a tap of his shoes

some old fairy dust

and some old fairy goo

a concoction called "BANNED"

was made in a flash

and all the noobs ran in a mad dash

Those he could catch were thouroughly owned

and all they could say was "There's no place like home"

Mal laughed and said, "Get out of my sight!"

And they all ran in fear of his might

So with a wave of his wand

and a tap of his shoes

The noobs got their wish

and were kicked out on their ass

shoes.jpg

And I played the demo of sonic heroes... I liked the first level.

On the second one I kept falling off the rails and the edges of the platforms. That was annoying.

I also didn't like how the three-member-team was handled. I assumed that you'd be able to use whatever character as the lead and still be able to go through smoothly. This isn't true for Tails and not always for Knuckles. Tails was useless except for one or two areas that were too high for Sonic or Knuckles to reach.

What I did like what that it'd sometimes change the main character for you in some situations and it went pretty smoothly. I don't know if this was just something they did in the first level to help you out or if it's a game feature, though.

~7/10 for the demo. I'm still looking forward to it and I wasn't terribly disappointed by the demo.

That was beautiful.

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Nov 18, 2003 @ 08:09 PM

So with a wave of his wand

and a tap of his shoes

The noobs got their wish

and were kicked out on their ass

Hey, that doesn't rhyme.

I played the Sonic Heroes demo at a GameStop yesterday. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, as of control and smooth transitions, but it did kick some ass. The graphics just keep getting better, I was imopressed with that part.

Let's also hope they keep some Knuckles theme music (the rap).

I know, those Knuckles songs are pretty funny. Just the fact that it's like a hybrid J Pop/Rap is amusing.

Yeah, I actually wouldn't mind them if it didn't always take me forever to complete his levels. I've probably heard the song loop five or six times before I finish.

I like Sonic's first track from SA2 quite a bit, but (don't laugh) my favorite track from the SA series is Amy's theme song from the first one.. it's just so perverse.

Nope, not the chorus. If you listen to the whole song, and I could be wrong on this point, but it definitely sounds to me like there's a section where she's saying 'my kitty's so cute.. do you think i should shave it?' and then follows up by asking if we think she should dye her kitty's hair blue.. I'm not even joking about this.

Back