Sonic Jam

Amon

Staff member
2007-06-04 to 2007-06-10; Sega Saturn

This description doesn't do the game justice but here goes...

Sonic Jam is a compilation of titles in the Sonic the Hedgehog series originally released on the Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis. It was released in Japan on June 20, 1997, in North America on July 31, 1997 and in Europe during the month of August 1997.

Games included in this collection are:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Sonic & Knuckles

Sonic World

Furthermore, by selecting Sonic & Knuckles, the player can use the "lock-on" technology from its original cartridge version in order to link up to the other three games in the collection, making the following games also playable:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Blue Sphere

Sonic Jam also included customized versions of the games, with redesigned levels with varying levels of difficulty. When played in "Original" mode, the games are identical to their original Mega Drive/Genesis releases. "Normal" difficulty adds extra rings and alters other aspects of the design to remove some of the challenge (these versions of the levels are used when playing Sonic Jam's Time Attack feature). "Easy" difficulty removes certain stages entirely, making the game much easier to complete.

Also implemented into Sonic Jam was the option to use Sonic's signature move, the "Spin Dash", in Sonic the Hedgehog (on any of the above difficulties); originally, it did not debut until Sonic the Hedgehog 2. There were also fixes of some glitches, particularly in Sonic 3.

Attachments

• Sonic_Jam_Box_Cover_USA.jpg
    Sonic_Jam_Box_Cover_USA.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 179
Really good compilation but the most interesting part is when you move Sonic in a 3D world, it makes us think about Sonic Xtreme.

Sonic in 3D was a lot of fun - just for the ability of running around in 3D as sonic; by this point we knew there wouldnt be a stand alone game.

Sonic Jam is one of my most played games, because Sonic the Hedgehog is one of my favourite all time games, with Sonic 3 & Knuckles possibly my favourite game of all time.

Back