Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Well, it had been a few years since I wrote this post, but I sometimes still like to show it to people (yes, this argument still comes up). I noticed that I was finally able to edit this post, so it’s edited a bit, and encoded with the correct page encoding (instead of shift-jis).

I’m quite surprised, rereading it after all of this time that it’s held up so well.

Reflecting on some of what I said though, I must say, the Sonic series is still continuing its downward spiral. Sonic Hero’s was terrible, and many people don’t have much faith in the new Shadow the Hedgehog game, however, my first impression was “sweet, I finally get to blow lots of shit up.” Guess that’s just my impression though, time will tell if the game is actually any good or not. *shrugs*

I actually never read this post of yours. GREAT stuff. I did the same thing when I came upon Doomsday zone... just shit my pants and scream "holy shit". My mom ran in the room and turned off the sega. "If this game is gonna make you do that, you aren't going to be playing it."

She always said that when I got mad at a game. She didn't get that I was happy at that moment. I had to start up the next morning before school while she was passed out on pain killers to attempt beating it. I did, I think it was luck though cause the second time I played the level it seemed much more difficult.

To choose between the 3 though (I consider sonic 3 and S+K one game) is difficult. So I rate as follows:

Sonic 1: The game that started my videogame addiction

Sonic 2: The game that started my addiction to arcade style high score perfect gaming

Sonic 3 and S+K: The game that blew even me away, the best gamer in town.

I loved Sonic CD as well, but it was mainly for the killer soundtrack and pimp ass mecha sonic. I will say though, I have pumped more hours into Sonic 3 and knuckles then any other sonic game. Sonic CD i pumped almost as much into. I have perfected myself in these games. I can swamp through getting all emeralds in one try strait shot and not dieing once.

Back