Sonic Xreme....

Originally posted by mal@Tue, 2005-09-20 @ 05:48 AM

I was under the impression that the winner was a serious collector and would not be releasing it, hence my question.

[post=139768]Quoted post[/post]​

yes, he told to Redeye that he will make videos and pics for the community.

That's all.

Lets hope the person that buys this is a saturn fan and will dump it or we might get someone who will never dump it so he can sell it on at an even higher price.

Why would someone pay $2500 for a disc and then copy it for everyone else to get it for free? Of course he isn't going to dump it. Who would? You pay for the privelege of being one of the few who are able to play and experiance it.

Kuta: not everyone shares your views on this. It may seem obvious to you, but to some people, not sharing it would be immoral.

As i have previously mentioned, i would have dumped this if i had managed to get it in the end. I beleive in saturn preservation so other can enjoy it for a long time to come.

Excyber: What in the world makes not coping a piece of copywrited material immoral!! Have you forgotten who owns the contents of that disc. Yes, that's right, it is SEGA. Has everyone here forgotten that copying copywrited material is illegal? The only reason why the software companys aren't taking legal action against emulation is because it doesn't effect their bottom line. If SEGA had their way then that disc would've never became available to the public in the first place. Perhaps you need to look up the definition of 'immoral'.

To quote ExCyber:

Originally posted by ExCyber@Tue, 2005-10-04 @ 12:21 PM

Kuta: not everyone shares your views on this.

If I were to get my hands on something quite extraordinary like this I'd be doing what I could to spread it around.

Personally, If I came across something like this...there's no way I could sleep at night keeping it all to myself.

I don't see how making copies would decrease the value of the demo. There are thousands of RSG rips, but they're totally worthless. All they do is let more folks experience the game, but good luck trading the CD-R for cash with anyone having more than 2 scraps of grey-matter between their ears.

I do understand where Kuta is coming from though. With the high price the dude paid for the demo, he probably wanted the exclusivity (sp?) That and it really stinks when you save to buy something, and then someone just goes and downloads it with almost no effort. But the thing is, there aren't any other copies of this to buy, heck, it was years before this one even surfaced. He's got the one and only copy...and he ain't sharing.

While I've got no say in the matter of what this guy does...somehow, I can't convince myself to agree with his decision. I say share it :lol:

Man, we gamers / coders gotta start putting away cash in case something like this ever happens again ;)

- See ya!!

There was a thread about it on Assembler. Basically high-a$$ collectors are not going to give anything promo/unreleased away. Which is sad :(

Back