Sony announces 2 different PSX models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see with both sides of the argument here and agree with points from both...

1st off, this is SegaXtreme, implying that it is indeed mainly a Sega related site.

-Thing is, if we only posted Sega news... news would be... how would you say it... almost as slow as Mal's sex life?*

2nd, Sega has spread everywhere and now develops for the ps2, and there are many ps2 owners who are sega fans (no ps2 for me however) Think of it as an update for a Sega game running machine, lol.

Even though I hold a bias towards Sony and the Ps2, so what if its not my thing, I'm sure other people appreciate it. I hadn't seen an update on this newest PSX and its never bad to be more informed. I think there's nothing wrong with little tidbits of info such as console updates, new systems, and major shifts in game companies even if its not Sega related. Its important to watch the whole industry if you want to be an informed gamer and not just another dumb fanboy.

As for the product as a whole...I don't think its worth it.Not that it is all that Legal but you could modify an Xbox, put in a new big hard drive and a DVD burner (its been done people) and pimp out the case for less than the PSX. I haven't checked everything that this new model can do but if you can think of anything it can that an Xbox couldn't ask away, I'm not too much into the modding thing (see: too dumb to solder) but I considered adding a new HD and mod to my xbox so I could Play emulators, store music better (mp3s, better programs then dashboard), and watch movies, so I looked into everything it could do. Xdeck is a project underway that will likely release before the psx that allows up to 3 hard drives/DVDRW/Mod select and more. It just seems that this isn't the greatest deal, you're paying for the style and sony brand name on top of all the hardware.

---Ammut

*I kiddddd I kid, please don't hurt me :p This was a simple joke to nicely distract you from the constant cloud/racket bickering :)

Originally posted by Ammut@Oct 9, 2003 @ 04:07 PM

-Thing is, if we only posted Sega news... news would be... how would you say it... almost as slow as Mal's sex life?

I don't think there's anything that slow.

Except maybe the 'heat death' of the universe. :rolleyes:

Installing a modchip in a Microsoft Xbox is pretty simple, you can choose soldering, using pogo-pin (solder-less) or installing pin-headers on the motherboard.

Still, being able to access all of the system's "posibilities" is not as simple as you may think. Especially considering that being able to use the DVD-RW drive may involve installing either a Windows OS or Linux.

If I had to choose between getting a Microsoft Xbox, modding it, installing a 250Gb HDD, a DVD-RW drive, installing a standard PC OS and several other things (which will take a lot of time and patience), or getting a PSX, I would definately get a PSX.

Even considering that I have both a Sony PlayStation2 and a modified Microsoft Xbox, I will indeed get a PSX.

Originally posted by Ammut@Oct 9, 2003 @ 06:07 AM

*I kiddddd I kid, please don't hurt me :p This was a simple joke to nicely distract you from the constant cloud/racket bickering :)

Didn't realize I was bickering :blink:

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Oct 9, 2003 @ 05:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Oct 9, 2003 @ 05:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alexvrb@Oct 8, 2003 @ 11:55 PM

I'm sorry, I thought I was visiting Sega Xtreme. My mistake.

If you read the name of the thread and did not like it, you should not even enter. [/b][/quote]

If you visited the main page, you'd understand. No, maybe you wouldn't. I didn't come into the news thread (of SEGAXtreme), I visited the main page. I don't mind sega-related PS news, but logging on to see the SX main page covered with pictures of the PSX, which I've seen multiple times at lots of non-SegaXtreme sites... was a bit much. It was like a big advertisement for Sony.

Besides, I'd rather build my own small box than use a PSX. You treat having a PC OS as a disadvantage. At least with a PC OS you get total flexibility... I could play games or run emulators on it, then record a movie while watching a DVD. The PSX is a consumer multimedia device, its not a new console. It has the gaming capabilities of a PS2.

Originally posted by Alexvrb+Oct 9, 2003 @ 01:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexvrb @ Oct 9, 2003 @ 01:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 9, 2003 @ 05:44 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Alexvrb
@Oct 8, 2003 @ 11:55 PM

I'm sorry, I thought I was visiting Sega Xtreme. My mistake.

If you read the name of the thread and did not like it, you should not even enter.

If you visited the main page, you'd understand. No, maybe you wouldn't. I didn't come into the news thread (of SEGAXtreme), I visited the main page. I don't mind sega-related PS news, but logging on to see the SX main page covered with pictures of the PSX, which I've seen multiple times at lots of non-SegaXtreme sites... was a bit much. It was like a big advertisement for Sony. [/b][/quote]

Sorry if I dissapoint you, but I understand, still, you should have been a little more specific when whining. Or maybe we should add "you may play Sega games released for the Sony PlayStation2 on the PSX", just for you to be happier.

~smiles~

Besides, I'd rather build my own small box than use a PSX. You treat having a PC OS as a disadvantage. At least with a PC OS you get total flexibility... I could play games or run emulators on it, then record a movie while watching a DVD. The PSX is a consumer multimedia device, its not a new console. It has the gaming capabilities of a PS2.

Why build a your "own small box" when you can have a standard PC? If you want a PC, and not a PSX, get a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back