Sophisticated Monitor

Hey Guys,

My dad is a radiologist. At home he has two computers for doing work at home. One is old, the other new. The old one is just lying around right now. A couple of days ago, I noticed that the monitor of the old computer looks pretty darn sophisticated. Here's a list of specs:

Phillips XPertView (I think 17 inch) - Brillance 107MP

Model No. 17A580BQ

Monitor port labeled as "15D-SUB"

There is a switch labeled as "BNC D-SUB"

Here's the interesting thing. It looks like it accepts an RGB signal, but I don't think it's scart. There are five circular ports/holes that look like it accepts a cable like a tv cable. The ports are labeled as such:

H/H+V V R G B

It also has a some sort of empty bay labeled as "USB bay."

And, it has a composite input.

Now, what can I do with this monitor? Can I play games in higher quality? Can I take advantage of the RGB ports? I don't know the dot pitch, but I'm guessing it's pretty high considering radiology demands high-resolution images. Thanks.

I think it's just a but (if high-end) PC monitor. Those circular connectors are called "bayonet nut connectors" and are often used in more expensive monitors. Their advantage is that each signal travels in a separate lead, leading to slightly higher image quality. Maybe the owner's manual would be of some use?

its exactly as antime says, we have one at work which is the same

the usb bay is probabbly for a usb hub, the signal sent over them is the same as the one sent over a vga connector, so it wont work straight off for video games

thay are actually called british navel connectors, and are identical to the connectors used on older coax networks

it does sound like a good monitor for pc use though

Originally posted by megametalgreymon@Dec. 25 2002, 9:53 am

they are actually called british navel connectors, and are identical to the connectors used on older coax networks

That's what BNC stands for? You do learn something new everyday.
smile.gif

Is it Naval or Navel though? :
wink.gif
:

Originally posted by mal+Dec. 25 2002, 12:52 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Dec. 25 2002, 12:52 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-megametalgreymon@Dec. 25 2002, 9:53 am

they are actually called british navel connectors, and are identical to the connectors used on older coax networks

That's what BNC stands for? You do learn something new everyday.
smile.gif

Is it Naval or Navel though? :
wink.gif
:[/b][/quote]

It's spelled Naval. Just ask AcronymFinder; you'll learn even more.
tongue.gif

BTW, I see the following on the back of my monitor:
tongue.gif

(R) (G) (
cool.gif
(HD) (VD)

Back