Soukyugurentai graphical errors

racketboy

Established Member
I heard that there are two different versions of Soukyugurentai.

The original release that had graphical errors when played on a US Saturn and a second release that did not.

How do I know which version I have?

What are the errors like?

I believe it's gibberish and characters all over the screen in the first version.. there was a thread about this awhile back, but I can't remember who posted it.

Also, IIRC, if your copy came with a Battle Garegga demo, then it's the 2nd version.

errrr... if the original Souky worked fine except on US Saturns, why would Sega/whoever made the game be bothered to correct it and release a new version? You're not supposed to be importing games, right?

I don't think it's a re-release.

There is Soukyugurentai

and then there's Soukyugurentai Otokuyou

I haven't really looked into it apart from the covers though.

The error might have manifested itself on some later BIOS revision, or on Saturns not built by Sega, or with certain peripherals plugged in.

well I have a burner copy, so the cover isn't gonna help.

The menus are all in Japanese, so I don't know if I have the BG demo or not.

I did notice some characters on the screen that seemed out of place, so it's probably not the "good" version.

Is the Otokuyou version harder to find in certain places? ( ;) )

Play through the first level or so, if you have the buggy version you will know by then.

Interestingly enough it says it supports the multitap:

Hardware indentifier : SEGA SEGASATURN

Maker ID : SEGA TP T-106

Product No : T-10616G

Version : V2.000

Release Date : 19970128

Device infomation : CD-1/1

Area Symbols : U

Compatible Peripherals : JAET

Game Title : SOUKYU GURENTAI

Patching D:\Saturn\TERRAD~1.(JA\TERRAD~1.ISO

If this is correct press enter. Any other key to cancel

T being the multitap.

I'm assuming it's a typo (unless there's a super secret hidden multiplayer game in there somewhere :banana).

Could also just mean that the game will work correctly if you play using a pad plugged into a multitap.

rack, I was going to add what stephen just added, I have a copy as well, and when I played it on my pre-modded saturn, I got the jibberish, however since I modded my system, the jibberish has pretty much gone away, hope this helps. :cheers

just for the record, Palet is the ultimate leets of saturn auctions, hes the one i bought segata sanshiro from :bow

Originally posted by stack99@Nov 23, 2003 @ 04:24 PM

rack, I was going to add what stephen just added, I have a copy as well, and when I played it on my pre-modded saturn, I got the jibberish, however since I modded my system, the jibberish has pretty much gone away, hope this helps. :cheers

so what exactly does that mean?

Originally posted by Jurai@Nov 23, 2003 @ 01:56 PM

just for the record, Palet is the ultimate leets of saturn auctions, hes the one i bought segata sanshiro from :bow

:agree Yup. I've bought games from him too :smokin:

I know that Soukyugurentai is aka as "Terra Diver"

I am wondering if it was released as "Terra Diver" over here in the US? If not ... What is the reason for the english translation of the name?

Yea I just got this game "Terra Diver" and I can see the graphical glitches... The Kanji is everywhere when you encounter the bosses in each level and after you beat them.

Back