sound card

In one of the applications that the creative drivers install there should be something that's used for setting up the fade and balance and testing to make sure your speakers are set up correctly. In the same application there should be a check box that allows you to set it to digital out. All I know is that the one time I checked that on accident my sister started making horribly noise out the analog speaker system plugged in lol.

ya i did everything the way it should be in the drivers but still it was only playing in stereo on my reciever (i was told by the radio shack guy that the plug wouldn't work the way i want it because it's mono to stereo)

Originally posted by joe81@Oct 30, 2003 @ 08:41 AM

i was told by the radio shack guy that the plug wouldn't work the way i want it because it's mono to stereo

That's crap.

The digital out socket wants a mono jack. Your reciever want's a single RCA input for digital audio. All the part that you've bought is doing is connecting the two. The fact that you're getting stereo through it shows that it is working to a degree.

Are you sure the card is set up correctly?

Are you sending a 5.1 (or whatever) signal to it?

Back