soy milk?

Milk is the best drink ever. Unless you're like aching for something to drink, and you drink it really really fast, when it leaves a awful after taste.

Originally posted by jim993@June 21 2002,03:21

i don't know what's next, but you have to admit at least soy milk is more common then the grass jelly drinks.

possibly monk fish liver(damn that stuff is terrible tasting)

or uni

actually i already thought of the next one of these just i forget the name of the nut it's like leechy or something like that.

Lychees found in South Miami

i have seen them before, but dont remember what they taste like

Cynnamin..., you know english it´s not my language... but I´ll try to explain some things...

I´m biochemist, and I know molecular bases of Calcium deposits, absortion, vitamine D metabolism and production... etc, etc, etc...

First of all, calcium is an element present in all our food... specially meat, because it´s necessary for muscular contraction. Extra calcium added in milk is, most of the time, excreted ( pissed ). Calcium absortion it´s not simply aided by vitamine D, this vitamine is required to do that, and it´s the amount of vitamine the limitant factor in exogen calcium absortion, not the calcium you eat or drink. So, you can drink cow milk, or soy milk, or holy milk, or other potion, and you´ll win nothing, since the amount of calcium you are going to absorve it´s limited day after day. Other thing: calcium is a massive element, suffer a lack of calcium it´s impossible, so, it´s a waste of time add an extra source of it.

Sun... it´s needed to properly form Vitamine D, but this mollecule, with the rest of vitamins, it´s only an enzimatic cofactor required in residual amount. That is: the sun in your face when you are going to buy bread is more than enough.

More things... men and osteoporosis. Normal osteoporosis in women is produced by a lack of calcitonine ( activator of osteoblasts and inhibitor or osteoclasts ) in menopause. In that moment bone starts to loss mass, when this hormone reduces its presence. But, in men, this a genetical factor, and only genetical. That means: if a man is going to suffer osteoporosis he will became ill ALWAYS, drinking 500 litres of soy milk or not. So, a man worried by osteoporosis is a non sense thing, because he can do nothing to avoid it. Ah ! and the same thing happens with women suffering osteoporosis before menopause.

P.D: Now, you are going to say that vitamine D is added in soy milk. It has no effect, because I said vitamine is only a enzimatic COFACTOR ( an enzime´s helper ), and is the ENZIME, and not the vitamine, the true limitator in the process of calcium absortion.

thank you CHE for all that info but i drink soy milk becuase i like it better then regular milk and also there's no cholesterol. That and it's also supposed to have isoflavons(i think that's what it has no idea i forget and i'm to lazzy to look it up) that might help to prevent prostate cancer and other types of cancers. but i really just drink it because i like it

Jim... that´s cool
biggrin.gif
. I really have no problems with soy milk
smile.gif

Milk is good for one thing. If you drink a glass after a night out at the curry house it will stop you having "afterburn" :) seriously, milk has the antidote to post curry ringburn in it!

When I was a kid, I used to drink all kinds of soy stuff!

Chinese chocolate Soya Drink:

33712.gif

Chinese Coconut Soya Drink:

33082.gif

Chinese Malted Soya Drink:

33063.gif

Chinese Melon Flavoured Soya Drink:

33722.gif

Chinese Regular Soya Drink:

33043.gif

And thats just SOME soya related drinks! If It were a more popular type like tea, or fruit drinks I would be here for days and days!
smile.gif

are any of those good i've seen them for sale in some asian market near my house (i think that's where i saw them i don't know i've been to many asian markets)

Hey! I kinda remember that brand!! If soy milk is the same as soya milk (called "tao din" in fookien and "tow nai" in Mandarin), then I'm SOYA MILK ADDICT! We buy "Fat & Thin" Soya Milk every week in a large liter bottle and I drink down one bottle in one or two days.

I drink this because I love the taste. And I don't drink ordinary milk (i don't like the taste) and I don't eat vegetables. *Makes me a very unhealthy person, doesn't it? But cynnamin certainly takes very good care of her body now, doesn't she?

Anyway, I don't care if it's bad for the health or anything, but I love the taste, so I drink many. It costs about 67pesos here (or $1.10) per liter (or less a liter) here - the Fat & Thin one.

-=edit=-

oh yeah, I also eat "tao hwe - in fookien" or TAHO in Tagalog, I don't know what it's called in English...

soy milk isnt' bad for you.(unless you drink it when inhaling or have somebody funnel it down your mouth when you're sleeping.

Back