Spider-Man vs Batman

Spider-Man vs Batman: Who would win?

RULES: No playing favorites. If you like Bats more, don't base your answer on that. Base it on what you know he could to to Spidey, or vice versa. No flaming the decisions of others.

SITUATION: 1 on 1, hand to hand. Only using innate abilities. (i.e. spider sense/bat-acrobatics, etc). No weapons, (i.e. webbing/utility belt) This is not a 'will come back and finish the job later' fight. 1 fight only, not to the death. Just a beat down.

Here is my choice... and my reasons.

Spider-Man would beat the crapulence out of Batman.

WHY:

Batman: Human

-----------------------

No powers or 'super-armor' (meaning proportionate durability/endurance like other superhero/villains have)

Peak of human condition, but still average human.

Would not be able to land a punch on Spidey (see Speed under Spider-man)

Spider-Man: Scientific Mutant

------------------

Spider Sense - extremely hard to actually land a sucker punch

Proportionate Strength - he's lifted a tank before

Super-Armor (see my explanation in Bats' case)

Agility

Speed

wall-crawling - though it's not much of a helper in this situation

An average human punch is nothing to him.

Extreme flexibility

Spidey > Batman

response/rebuttal?

Uhm, well, I was going to vote for Batman, but then you took away his weapons. WTF? That's not really fair for 'ol Bats. I say if Spidey gets his super-powers, Batman should certainly be able to use his equipment.

The Batman fanboy in me votes Batman.

But I think it'd be a pretty even fight overall.

Also, there IS a polls forum for this.

Have to go for batman.

If one on one combat with no weapons....then that mean sspider man wouldnt be able to use his web thingy and stuff right? So the only advatage i see him having is that he can jump really high and climb on walls....but the only reason i could see him jumping on walls and crap was if he was running away from batman. So that would make him a loser. so batman wins! :hehehe:

Spiddy has a conscience. In a fight, he doesn't have the "killer instinct". However, Batman does. He is a vigilanty. He wouldn't think twice of picking up a rock (not a weapon from his belt) and cracking it across Spidermans skull. Spiddy would hesitate, and in a fight, your gonna lose if you hesitate. I know. I've fought guys bigger and stronger than me. The hesitated, and that gave me a window to attack.

Rolf - sorry about that.. I didnt intend it to be a poll, that was a last minute decision..

Trecheroustara:

Spidey has more powers than webbing, (which in itself isn't really a power). Look at his innate abilities, superstrength, and endurance/durability. An average human punch (i.e. Bats) does nothing to him. Spidey wouldn't run from that.

Schi0249:

You bring up a good point, but that would involve Batman breaking the rules.. this is not a death match. It is a beat down, a 'sparring' if you will. Even though it's not on his belt, the rock would constitute as a weapon. Only innate abilities/powers are allowed here. =)

Yes, but see, half of Batman's ability lies in the fact that he's a master inventor, chemist, demolitions expert, etc. Saying he can't use any weapons takes all the fun out of the fight, and makes him a pushover for Spidey. On the flip side, the only real weapon Spidey has is his webbing, so you're not taking too much away from him. I think your motivation for doing this is that you realize Batman would take out Spidey with ease if they were both allowed full use of their normal equipment.

Actually, Parker is also an inventor. He invented his web-shooters, (in the non-Ultimate Spider-man universe) Spider-trackers, and even a powered armor suit almost like Iron-Man's. Weapons don't really mean much when it comes to fighting Spidey, though. Think about it.

Batarang - Dodged. even if from behind.

Batman in the shadows - see Batarang.

Bats' hardest swing kick - if landed, it *might* throw Spider-man back, but he's defenitely getting up, quickly.

Batrope (if there is such a thing) - *If* caught, spider-man can break them. he's broken chains, wire, and even Venom's webbing, which is much stronger than his own.

I know Bats doesn't use any real guns, but even if he did use a pistol, or what have you, Spider-man can dodge rounds. Granted not at point blank range, but he has been known to dodge bullets.

Batman is also a fantastic athlete, and obviously a better hand to hand combatant, that's not in question, that's why I believe even without his toys, he could give Spider-man a fight, just not be able to defeat him.

I discussed this with a friend, (who, btw is MILITANT pro-Batman) and he mentioned that Batman would do his research on spider-man before fighting him, to find some way of defeating him. Fair enough. The problem is, Spider-man doesn't have a 'weakness', in the terms of super-heroes. Granted he CAN be beaten, he's no Super-man, but I mean he doesn't have 'spidey-kryptonite' for lack of a better term. Bats wouldn't be able find something to use against him. He can't counter his Spider-sense, it's impossible to block, except for Venom and Carnage, but that's another story. So since he wouldn't be able to block the Sense, he wouldn't be able to land any sucker punches on Spidey, even in the dark.

Spider-man has been in the middle of conversations, while fighting someone, and STILL dodged things, his his reflexes coupled with spider-sense are involuntary. He's like a real housefly, they don't think "woah! Gotta go!" and take off.. when you are close to hitting them... when you aren't fast enough, they just POP off, such is Spider-man's reflexes. It just 'happens' sometimes he doesn't even know why, his body just reacts.

Batman, even though a vigilante, would not use Aunt May, or Mary Jane to blackmail another hero, that's just screwed up, even for Batman, so that's not a good avenue for him either.

I don't dislike Batman at all, I actually really like the character (except for his odd fascination with 'young wards') :/ I just truly believe that Spidey would give him a good how-do if given the chance.

Even so, I believe Batman would be able to, for example, create a chemical concoction that could make Spidey mutate uncontrollably (as he has in the past) or not stick to walls. Alternately, Batman could create some type of pheremone or something that would mask him from Spidey's spider-sense.

Also, don't forget that Batman is a judo expert. He could potentially counter Spidey's blows and use his own strength against him.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Punisher has fought Spider-Man to a standstill before. Surely you don't think the Punisher is a more competent fighter than Batman?

edit - oh yeah, forgot to mention that, given the use of weapons, Batman could construct a power suit that would easily enable him to match and surpass Spidey's strength, as he did when fighting Superman in DKR.

Green Goblin (1) developed a gas gernade that shut off Spidey's spider-sense. So his powers can be eliminated.

If you're gonna say no weapons, that eliminates Spidey's web-shooters. They're only organic in the movie, NOT in either comic version.

Batman *HAS* *BEATEN* *SUPERMAN* several times. And I'm not talking Dark Knight Returns or DK2. Fighting a foe with mere super-agility and the ability to stick to things wouldn't be nearly the challenge as fighting someone who is invunerable and can fly.

'nuff said. Bats wins.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Sep 14, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

Batman *HAS* *BEATEN* *SUPERMAN* several times. And I'm not talking Dark Knight Returns or DK2. Fighting a foe with mere super-agility and the ability to stick to things wouldn't be nearly the challenge as fighting someone who is invunerable and can fly.

'nuff said. Bats wins.

Interesting. How did Batman pull it off? Tell me he didn't used Kryptonite. :lol:

IMO, who will win depends on the author telling the story. If the author wants the underdog to win, then the underdog will win. If the author wants the overdog to lose, then the overdog will lose. :p

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Sep 15, 2004 @ 03:41 AM

Green Goblin (1) developed a gas gernade that shut off Spidey's spider-sense. So his powers can be eliminated.

If you're gonna say no weapons, that eliminates Spidey's web-shooters. They're only organic in the movie, NOT in either comic version.

'nuff said. Bats wins.

Actually, I did eliminate Spider-man's webbing. read the RULES section.

After reading "batman: year one" I think spidey would be no challenge to batman. Like MasterAkumaMatata said it depends on the writer. PP has an edge cause he has spider strengh but he is also alot smaller than bruce wayne.

Back