SpikeTV Video Game (Fanboy) Awards

Cloud121

Established Member
Heh.. here are the winners for the Fanboy awards on SpikeTV Thursday Night.

* Best Animation: Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Hm... knowing what Tecmo can do with the hardware (Look at DOA2 on DC!), I kinda agree with this one. Although I think VF4 (NOT Evolution) had better animation)

* Best Performance By A Human: Ray Liotta in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (I gotta go with this one as well)

* Best Game Based on a Movie: Enter the Matrix (Overrated, bug-ridden game based off of an overrated movie trilogy. Heh... I'd have to go with Star Wars Galaxies here)

* Most Addictive: Soul Calibur II (VF Evolution OWNS Soul Calibur. Both in GamePlay and Addictiveness (that even a word?)

* Best Action Game: True Crime: Streets of LA (Uh.... I dunno about this. I haven't played much of this year's action games)

* Pontiac/GTO Driving Award: Nascar Thunder 2004 (All of EA's games suck. Enough said. Although NCAA 2003 is great)

* Best Fantasy Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (From what I hear about this game, this deserves it)

* Best Sports Game: Tony Hawk's Underground (THPS3 was crap, THPS4 was crap. THUG is a rehash of THPS4 (IS EA making 'em now?). I'll stick with the good TPHS games (THPS and THPS2) for now. NFL 2K4 should've won)

* Best Fighting Game: WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (GREAT GAME! I skipped school to buy this the day it came out. But, IT IS NOT A FIGHTING GAME! I don't consider wrestling games to be fighting games. VF Evolution owns it)

* Most Anticipated Game: Halo 2 (Kinda surprised at this. I was expecting Half-Life 2 to take it)

* Best Handheld Game: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Haven't played any of this year's handheld games. I'd have to go with Phantasy Star Collection as best handheld game though :p Or Phantasy Star IV via Nomad! :p)

* Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XI (Thus, the biggest group of fanboys reign supreme. I don't play online much. Although my all-time favorite online game is Quake II)

* Best 1st Person Action: Call of Duty (Never played it. Same with this year's FPS games. Gotta go with Wolf3D/Doom Shareware/Doom 32x/Quake II out of all-time though.)

* Best PC Game: Halo: Combat Evolved (Uh.. this has been out for TWO MONTHS and it won? Hm... I hate computer games, so no comment. Well.. I play Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake/Qauke II, and Blizzard's games)

* Game of the Year: Madden NFL 2004 (Hm... how the hell did a three year old game (Madden 2001) win game of the year? Interesting.... VF Evolution was Game of The Year by FAR.

* Best Music: Def Jam Vendetta (Played the demo. What music? I didn't hear any. Oh, and before some of you defend it, Rap is NOT MUSIC!!!!!!!)

the awards were on already, i thought this would be like, the 14th. wrestling games own, of course, wrestling games on sega suck 4 some reason

This thread reinforces my belief that few pleasures in life compare with Cloud contradicting himself. :lol:

What do you mean by that? :lol:

Edit: Muffinman, the awards were HELD last night. The televised version is on tomorrow. I know I'm not watching!

All of EA's games suck. Although NCAA 2003 is great
Apart from the fact that EA do make some pretty good games these days, this is funny.

Final Fantasy XI (Thus, the biggest group of fanboys reign supreme)
What's your user name again? :p

Hm... how the hell did a three year old game (Madden 2001) win game of the year? Interesting.... VF Evolution was Game of The Year by FAR.
So you seem to be criticising Madden for being an update of a game a couple of years old and suggesting VF4 Evo should have won instead? I guess I must've imagined VF4..

I'm not being evil by the way, it just amuses me :D

More importantly on spike, there's 11 1/2 hours of the goodness that is MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE!!!

9 am - 8 pm :banana

To bad thursdays are my busiest class days...

I encourage everyone to check this show out.

Originally posted by slinga@Dec 3, 2003 @ 09:19 PM

More importantly on spike, there's 11 1/2 hours of the goodness that is MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE!!!

9 am - 8 pm :banana

To bad thursdays are my busiest class days...

I encourage everyone to check this show out.

That has to be the greatest show ever!

Ugh.

Everyone who thinks MXC is good needs to see a few episodes of the REAL show, Takeshi's Castle.

MXC is among the most incredibly retarded things I've ever seen.

Takeshi's Castle was already more than funny enough as-is... MXC is like a massive exercise in making the Japanese look like a giant collection of single-digit IQ's.

Edit: I'd love to see Des-ROW comment on MXC vs. TC. I wonder if she's ever seen TC? For reference, no, I can't understand Japanese - the game show network in England, Challenge TV (I think that's what it was called) ran the 'correctly' dubbed version last time I was visiting my father.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Dec 3, 2003 @ 07:28 PM

Heh.. here are the winners for the Fanboy awards on SpikeTV Thursday Night.

* Best Animation: Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Hm... knowing what Tecmo can do with the hardware (Look at DOA2 on DC!), I kinda agree with this one. Although I think VF4 (NOT Evolution) had better animation)

* Best Performance By A Human: Ray Liotta in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (I gotta go with this one as well)

* Best Game Based on a Movie: Enter the Matrix (Overrated, bug-ridden game based off of an overrated movie trilogy. Heh... I'd have to go with Star Wars Galaxies here)

* Most Addictive: Soul Calibur II (VF Evolution OWNS Soul Calibur. Both in GamePlay and Addictiveness (that even a word?)

* Best Action Game: True Crime: Streets of LA (Uh.... I dunno about this. I haven't played much of this year's action games)

* Pontiac/GTO Driving Award: Nascar Thunder 2004 (All of EA's games suck. Enough said. Although NCAA 2003 is great)

* Best Fantasy Game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (From what I hear about this game, this deserves it)

* Best Sports Game: Tony Hawk's Underground (THPS3 was crap, THPS4 was crap. THUG seems interesting. I'll stick with the good TPHS games (THPS and THPS2) for now. NFL 2K4 should've won)

* Best Fighting Game: WWE Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain (GREAT GAME! I skipped school to buy this the day it came out. But, IT IS NOT A FIGHTING GAME! I don't consider wrestling games to be fighting games. VF Evolution owns it)

* Most Anticipated Game: Halo 2 (Kinda surprised at this. I was expecting Half-Life 2 to take it)

* Best Handheld Game: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Haven't played any of this year's handheld games. I'd have to go with Phantasy Star Collection as best handheld game though :p Or Phantasy Star IV via Nomad! :p)

* Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XI (Thus, the biggest group of fanboys reign supreme. I don't play online much. Although my all-time favorite online game is Quake II)

* Best 1st Person Action: Call of Duty (Never played it. Same with this year's FPS games. Gotta go with Wolf3D/Doom Shareware/Doom 32x/Quake II out of all-time though.)

* Best PC Game: Halo: Combat Evolved (Uh.. this has been out for TWO MONTHS and it won? Hm... I hate computer games, so no comment. Well.. I play Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake/Qauke II, and Blizzard's games)

* Game of the Year: Madden NFL 2004 (Hm... how the hell did a three year old game (Madden 2001) win game of the year? Interesting.... VF Evolution was Game of The Year by FAR.

* Best Music: Def Jam Vendetta (Played the demo. What music? I didn't hear any. Oh, and before some of you defend it, Rap is NOT MUSIC!!!!!!!)

let me own everyone by commenting

best animation - ya right

best performance by a human - ya i'll buy that

best game based on a movie - if by you mean sucking ass as much as the movie did, sure, enter the matrix roxd

most addictive - fighters arent addictive, try disgaea or ffxi

best action game - sorry no, wrong

pontiac award - woot nascar rox, its hard to simulate driving in a circle 500 times

fantasy game - i'll give it to kotor

best sports game - skateboarding isnt a sport

best fighting game - here is where soul calibur probbaly should have been?

most anticipated game - i'd be willing to say a global poll would show japanese anticipate kh2 or ff12 more

best handheld game - youve got to be kidding me, try sword of mana, or ffta, or marmio and luigi superstar, or advance wars 2, or any other game that owns that vomit

best online game - i'll give it best online rpg, not best online game

best first person action - didnt play it so i cant bash it

best pc game - ya, right. halo for pc sucks ass hardcore, horrid performance and subpar gfx make this a turd.

game of the year - yes, sports games are clearly revolutionary games of the year with theyre updated rosters. stupiddddd

best music - um, no?

As soon as they were announced, I was interested, once I saw the nominess, I ws like "Yeah... an awards show for a bunch of bullshit games. What pissed me off, was that some games like VF Evolution weren't even nominated! Madden 2004 game of the year? Ever since Madden 2001, it's been the SAME DAMN GAME! Of this current generation of consoles, I only own Madden 2001. I'll wait until the next generation before I get another Madden. Or until EA completely overhauls the graphics and/or gameplay engines. Bah.. Sorry for the rant.

Yeah, I tried to get a lot of people to vote for Feet of Fury just to get it on there. Unfortunately, as you can see, the overwhelming ammount of fanboy consumerism quelches any other game that deserves recognition when it comes to mass media (or something).

best animation - ya right

Have you seen the game? It really does look marvellous in motion.

most addictive - fighters arent addictive, try disgaea or ffxi

Disgaea and FFXI are both niche titles. Well, not so much FFXI, but still.

Fighters are most definitely addictive. ANY GAME CAN BE ADDICTIVE.

pontiac award - woot nascar rox, its hard to simulate driving in a circle 500 times

Actually the Nascar games go beyond the whole circles thing... at least, EA's do.

best sports game - skateboarding isnt a sport

It's been an "Extreme Sport" for years. :p

most anticipated game - i'd be willing to say a global poll would show japanese anticipate kh2 or ff12 more

These are US awards.

best pc game - ya, right. halo for pc sucks ass hardcore, horrid performance and subpar gfx make this a turd.

It's still HALO, and still plays the same, it's just a bad port.

game of the year - yes, sports games are clearly revolutionary games of the year with theyre updated rosters. stupiddddd

Game of the Year != Most Revolutionary Game of the Year... and Madden wins by default thanks to the Masses of Morons ™ who pretty much just buy a PS2 for Madden and that's it.

I just heard from Locke that THUG is a complete rehash of THPS4. Heh.. Is EA making 'em now? That's all EA makes anymore is rehashes....

yo cloud, rap is music. it contains rhythm, lyrics, beats, and notes. hence, it is music.

your personal taste may disagree with this, but webster does not.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Dec 4, 2003 @ 05:53 PM

As soon as they were announced, I was interested, once I saw the nominess, I ws like "Yeah... an awards show for a bunch of bullshit games. What pissed me off, was that some games like VF Evolution weren't even nominated! Madden 2004 game of the year? Ever since Madden 2001, it's been the SAME DAMN GAME! Of this current generation of consoles, I only own Madden 2001. I'll wait until the next generation before I get another Madden. Or until EA completely overhauls the graphics and/or gameplay engines. Bah.. Sorry for the rant.

Consider this:

Madden is based on an RL sport.

That sport has been around for generations.

It won't change.

So why the fuck is a game based on said sport going to "overhaul its gameplay"?

And besides, as far as I'm concerned, VF4:Evolution is just Virtua Fighter with prettier graphics, more characters, and more moves. Ooh, BIG FUCKING CHANGES THERE. And yes. I own an original of VF2 for Saturn, and I've played Evo.

overhauld the gameplay? are you trying to tell me tecmo football is ust the same as madden or espn? to put it bluntly, your stupid. Games evolve, gameplay evolves. More control is a major part of the "overhaul in gameplay". In sports game there is always a need for more control, and that's what game makers try to do every year, give the player more control. That's why u have the icon passing (been around for a long time) and stuff like isomotion. Preferably I like the new system of the football games where it's where your guy is facing. But ya, just had to comment on your obvious unintelligable remark.

And as you know by now..l...cloud is such a big VF fan he would have it win in sports category, fighting, graphics, sound, gameplay, etc. Do like the rest of us do and let him live in his VF loving world, he is happy there :).

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 6, 2003 @ 10:28 AM

And besides, as far as I'm concerned, VF4:Evolution is just Virtua Fighter with prettier graphics, more characters, and more moves. Ooh, BIG FUCKING CHANGES THERE. And yes. I own an original of VF2 for Saturn, and I've played Evo.

Having made a similar point already, I suggest that Cloud will probably choose not to take your comments into account since they don't quite fit into his view of the world ;)

wonder how close in votes Lord of the Rings TTT's was for game based on a movie (if it was even listed). not a bad game.

and for somebody that complains about fanboyism was it just me or were a lot of the awards followed by "but x game by SEGA should have won"?

Back