Sprite low-level access to VDP...

Hn... here's my problem. I need a proprietary sprite engine, so I'm not using the "texture" approach the library come with.

I create the correct sprite data, generate a command table that VDP1 likes, but how do i register it with the processor itself - like setting up where the command sprite table begins? Satourne seems to have some sort of relative adress attached to that adress, and there's this SPRITE_VRAM thing on the sample that uses sprites - yet I can't make heads or tails of it. Anyone has the important registers for the VDP1 handy?

The first drawing command is always at the start of VDP1 RAM. The register definitions can be found in the VDP1 manual.

I can't be 100% sure because I'm only skimming the manual here, but try putting your initial command table at 0x25E00000 (i.e. the beginning of VDP1 VRAM) and write 0x01 to 0x25D00004 (PTMR; plot mode register) to begin drawing.

Actually the start of VDP1 VRAM is located at 0x25C00000, so you should place your first command table here.

0x25E00000 is the start of the VDP2 VRAM :)

Back