SSF? Satourne? Et al?

I'm just curious: What's your guys' favorite saturn emu? I personally use SSF. After about R6, the emu worked extremely well for my system. Specs:

P4 3.0ghz

2 GB RAM

WinXP SP1a

Radeon 850 XT AGP

It's a robust system, gets too hot though because of the poor case.

Is Satourne better, or stronger in some things, weaker in others? And what's the best emu for the Mac (PPC, not Intel)?

I think Yabause has a Mac version.

SSF has better compatibility than Satourne, but it needs SSE2 to run. You can do some interesting stuff in Satourne, like replacing game textures by your own, but gaming wise I wouldn't recommand it over SSF.

And Yabause is still getting better and better, you should give it a try ;)

The prebuilt binary is Intel-only, but it can be compiled and works on PPC Macs too.

Holy shit...just have SSF a spin for the first time in ages. Damn that program has come a long way - Nights practically playable on a Athlon 3000+. Nice. :)

Is Satourne still under development Runik?

Curtis said:
Is Satourne still under development Runik?

Yes it is ;)

I haven't got any news from Fabien lately though ... he has a lot of professional work :/

And in case you're wondering, Saturnin is still under developpement too, even if I don't have much time to work on it (it's a shame, last release was for Christmas 2005 :p)

Hm . . . I really want to try out SSF having heard so much about it, but don't really have the money (or motherboard, or PSU, or entire system) for a compatible processor! :(

I still like check up on the progress of the various other emulators from time to time - keep up the great work everyone!

Back