Strange 50/60hz mod problem

Hi, i have carried out the 50/60hz mod on my PAL Megadrive 2 console, and have come across a strange problem!! I have noticed that now i have carried out this mod, when i put games into 50hz the game runs slower that it did before i did the mod, i have 2 MD's and put the modded MD on in 50hz played a game, then turned it off put the same game in a unmodded MD played it and it played faster that the modded MD in the 50hz mod!!, why is this??

I have also notice some games run a bit too quickly when in the 60hz mode??? Does anybody know why this is happening???

PAL optimized software runs extra fast in 60hz mode.

As for the slow down in 50hz i have never experienced that.

can u b more specific? some titles would b helpful.

the sonic games are known to b pretty shitty with the mod.

All the games ive tried in 50hz mode run slower than they do on a standard unmodded PAL MD, i followed this guide

http://users.skynet.be/DuNe/Console/md2/md2.html

the noticable error is that his got the mods round the wrong may, as his labelled the 50/60hz as the lang mod, and the lang mod as 50/60hz!!!

It could be that its just the music that plays slower than usual, or it maybe the gameplay as well!! Thats the first thing i though after doing the mod, i started it up in 50hz mode, and then flicked it to 60hz, and was suprised at how fast the music sped up!!

I then flicked it back down to 50hz and was shocked at how slow the music was, and thats when i started to get the feeling that it was too slow! So i got out my unmodded PAL MD and place the same game in, and the music (maybe game play too) was faster than it was in the 50hz mode on the modded MD!!!!

I have only done the 50/60hz mod, and not the lang mod, would this effect anything?????

Thanks

One extra thing when i first started the mod, and didnt realise that the mods were labelled round the wrong way, i finished what i though was the 50/60hz mod, (but was the lang mod) and tried it out, cos it was the wrong mod, i though that it didnt work, cos i was looking for it to change from 50/60hz but in fact it was changing the lang. Anyway i took the console apart again thinking that it hadnt worked, and tried to fix the problem, but in messing about with it the 107 pin on the chip snapped off!!! so in the end i could only use the 50/60hz mod and not the lang mod!!, so i unsoldered all the wires for the lang mod, and left it with just the one switvch!!! Beacuse the 107 pin had snapped off of the chip would this be what is causing games to run slower than usual in 50hz mode???

I've had this problem too. I think when it happened to me it was when I was booting up in 60Hz then switching to 50Hz and it somehow made it run slower. I've performed a hell of a lot of mods since them and it's never happened again, so I have no idea why it does it.

Back