Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition

I just got Super Street Fighter 2 for the Genesis. At the place I got it, for the same price I can also get Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition. Is that one worth getting as well? Thanks!

by both
smile.gif

how much are they -- do they come with the case?

There is not much difference between the 2 but super street fighter has 4 extra characters with levels and a few different play modes also the colour pallete is brighter.

Champion Edition has the ability to play at a much faster rate than super street fighter also has a more arcade true colour pallette.

I would buy both
wink.gif
Fei Long is a great character.

The four new characters add nothing to the game except bad stereotypes and choppy unbalanced gameplay.

Imagine how fustrated you'll be when your beat by a poorly animated, way-too-big, lightning-fast newcomer in four new ethnic-caricature variations!

They never should have made super...
sleep.gif

Well I hear theres something special about the 3DO version...but I can't confirm this.

Anyway, I thought Super was cool, mmore exciting than Edition....if you're a purist though...stick with edition.

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Jul 11, 2003 @ 05:18 PM

Well I hear theres something special about the 3DO version...but I can't confirm this.

Anyway, I thought Super was cool, mmore exciting than Edition....if you're a purist though...stick with edition.

yeah I've heard that the 3DO version is nice as well, but I wouldn't get a 3DO just to play it.

You're better off getting it for Saturn or DC.

Well, I have SSF2X on DC and I got SSF2 for genny so that I can practice on the nomad. I think I might pick up Champion edition as well. Also, at Gamers, they have SSF2 turbo for the 3DO, and the pad! I think I'll pick them up..

Originally posted by racketboy+Jul 11, 2003 @ 07:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Jul 11, 2003 @ 07:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-crystalmethod@Jul 11, 2003 @ 05:18 PM

yeah I've heard that the 3DO version is nice as well, but I wouldn't get a 3DO just to play it.

You're better off getting it for Saturn or DC. [/b][/quote]

The 3DO version has incredible (for the era) music, and is the only version in that generation that has the Super Turboi.

does anyone here want a copy?

i think its crap and they are extremely common around here even now so i guess most of the other locals think the same.

i suppose its... ok but if i was going to play sf2 i'd play super. but really with shit like mame etc about we can have the arcade version.

Is it Super Street Fighter II? Are you charging anything? If so (sans charging of course), I'll take it
biggrin.gif

nah super is the 1 i like.

im offering my own copy of champion edition (of course there would be SOME kind of "deal")

and also i was saying that champion edition is very easy to get hold of around here and would be able to get it for people that wanted it.

Back