Street Fighter Zero 3 / Street Fighter Alpha 3

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
STREET FIGHTER PERFECTION

Street Fighter Alpha 3 explodes onto the Sega Dreamcast™ with new features and astonishing arcade perfection. Choose from over 30 characters, each with 3 different fighting styles. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is loaded with new enhancements and modes of play - like the around-the-world, skill building World Tour Mode and amazing 3 player Dramatic Battle. If it's a fight you're looking for, this is your game!
  • New, enhanced modes of play... like World Tour and new 3 player Dramtic Battle
  • Choose from 3 different fighting styles for each character
"Better than arcade perfect!" - Game Fan

A huge cast of over 30 characters!

Attachments

• SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 232
  • SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 140
  • SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 157
  • SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 145
  • SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 172
  • SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 135
  • SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 188
  • SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 127
  • SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 278
  • SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 124
  • SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 136
  • SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Front.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 137
  • SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 139
  • SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    SFZ3_Sat_Back.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 135
  • SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 119
  • SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    SFZ3_PS_Front.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 136
  • SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 122
  • SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    SFA3_PS_Back.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 129
  • SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 121
  • SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    SFA3_DC_Back.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 129
Haven't played the Saturn or Dreamcast versions, but I bought this for PSX along with the Ryu controller a month or so ago.

The PSX version is amazing. Hardly any slowdown, and it looks great. Made me a believer of the PSX 2D capabilities.

Still, it's no Saturn version. :p

I've only played the saturn version as well. My guess is that there will be little or no difference from dreamcast to saturn, mainly because I've compared x-men vs street fighter from saturn to the cps-2 version I used to own, and there was practically no difference on a regular tv, except loading times, of course. I'm not sure if there is a difference between resolutions from the saturn and cps-2.

Anyway, this was definately a great game, although I played it very little, compared to the original, turbo, and x-men vs sf versions.

My brother and I used to play this all the time on the psx, we would have epic sessions of it (like 5hrs+) and lots of our friends would play it as well - sf is a great game to just play with friends as most ppl know the basics, as aposed to when I would play kof with someone because in kof if you are a novice it really shows. sfa3 is the sf game that I have most played and I have many fond memories playing it. I have the dc version as well but hardly play it.

I've played the saturn and PSX versions of this game and the saturn version is miles better with almost no loading. That said, the PSX did have pocketstation support :D

Apparantly Capcom employees were told to make the game as if it were the last street fighter game, and so they simply included everything from the series so far.

Definately my favourite of the series so far, a true classic.

I've also had the chance to play both the PSx and Saturn version. The saturn version is definately a bit better. The 4meg ram card enabled the game to have all animation frames included and the load times are a lot shorter. The psx version has some missing frames of animation that is really noticeable if you've played the arcade version exstensively. Geif has had a lot of his stance animation removed from the psx version. And so was other characters. Even some opening animations(right before you fight) are taken out of the psx version.

Plus of course the saturn fighting pad was almost perfect for the game. The psx version does include transparencies with the shadows on the supers though.

If you really want to play sfa3 nowadays, there's always arcade emulation and online play through kaillera. Practically a perfect version of SFA3. ;) Without all the extra characters and modes of the console versions of course. But you do have the ability to play online against real people.

Back