Streets of Rage 2 (a.k.a. Bare Knuckle II)

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Original rumblers Axel and Blaze slam the asphalt with bigger, better, totally devastating attacks! Skull-crushing ex-wrestler Max Thunder joins up with earth-shattering body slams and spinning fist attacks. New thrasher Skate slices punks with high-speed in-line skate attacks and spinning jump kicks.

Go maniac with jaw-shattering, bone-busting punches, head-cracking jump kicks and secret weapons. Gangs of dirt bikers dive into you from every side. Smash 'em with a pipe as they speed by.
  • 16 gigantic megs of compound fractures! All-new moves and more of 'em!
  • Bust knuckles with a friend in all-new 2 player Head-to-Head mode!

Oh look, Axel did a dragon punch. :lol:

Attachments

• Streets_Of_Rage_2_Cover_USA.JPG
    Streets_Of_Rage_2_Cover_USA.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Streets_Of_Rage_2_GameTitle.PNG
    Streets_Of_Rage_2_GameTitle.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Bare_Knuckle_2_GameTitle.PNG
    Bare_Knuckle_2_GameTitle.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 190
    8.3 KB · Views: 183
    8.3 KB · Views: 187
    8.3 KB · Views: 188
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 167
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 158
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 170
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 183
    5.9 KB · Views: 146
    5.9 KB · Views: 143
    29.5 KB · Views: 153
    29.5 KB · Views: 162
    29.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Streets_Of_Rage_2_Cover_USA_NFS.JPG
    Streets_Of_Rage_2_Cover_USA_NFS.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 150
    29.5 KB · Views: 166
    29.5 KB · Views: 176
    29.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Streets_Of_Rage_2_Cover_PAL.JPG
    Streets_Of_Rage_2_Cover_PAL.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 188
    29.4 KB · Views: 161
    29.4 KB · Views: 152
    29.4 KB · Views: 165
    5.9 KB · Views: 145
To this day, this is one of my most favorite Genesis games, regardless of better graphics, etc. It was fun, intersting soundtrack, could be challenging, great to play with a friend, and overall just a wonderful package. I still pull this one out to play every so often. :D

To many people, the single best beat 'em up ever created. I'm not _entirely_ sure if I agree with that, although I love the game, but certainly nothing of its ilk (save maybe its younger brother) on any 16-bit system comes close to matching SoR2's refinement and brilliance.

This was one of the only games that made me wish i had bought a Sega Megadrive instead of a Super Nintendo. I was still at school at the time and everyone was on about how good this game was. Infact i went to great lengths to play it. I had to borrow my Super Nintendo out for just the game. Then there was the problem of the having the Megadrive to play it on because he wouldn't borrow me it. Unfair deal or what but i was a kid all i wanted to was play it. I tried to borrow the Megadrive Seperately from a friend but they was being stingy. In the end i went to a game hire place and rented it for 10 quid for three nights.

Man oh man when i got it home i set the system up fast as i could and me , my dad and brothers were playing it for hours. I remember that it was so good that no scrolling beat em up came close to it. I was so jealouse because the nearest i had to it was Final Fight on the Snes and it was crap in comparison to this game because one it never had a two player mode on Final Fight and two the soundtrack just didn't compare and neither did the graphics. There was the promise of Final Fight two at the time but that was crap aswell.

To this very day i consider this game to be probably the best scrolling beatemup. Even better than Streets of Rage 3 because even though Streets of rage 3 was better in terms of graphics tweaks etc. The Music let it down and for some reason it just didn't feel as good as Streets of rage 2. I'd like a sequel to this series however all too often i've seen games when they get updated they go absolutely poo and bare next to no resemblence to the older version. I remember that streets of rages music is one of the best features of the game since it showed me that the Mega Drive could actually produce good music.

A lot of the other games literally sounded crap in comparison.

Anyways final note this game is a classic and always will be remembers as one of the all time greats. Infact i just realised i got an emulator with it i'm off to play it now :D

One of the best if not the best beat em up of all time. In fact, I'm gonna play it after I post this. Extremely fun with 2 players.

Also, how many people know of the Instant power drain bug/move in this game. ;) When you're in a 2 player game, try hitting the enemy form both sides. If timed corretly, the enemy's power will drain completely. The game also seems to freeze your character's during it.

I'm suprised this hasn't gotten the GOTW treatment yet, but yeah definitely my favorite beat em up of all time. The gameplay, character design, artwork, and music are all second to none.

It's a shame I only own it on the Dreamcast Smash Pack...

ShoRyuKen!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 140
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 154
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 146
  • ShoRyuKen.JPG
    ShoRyuKen.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 142
Those who remember, it's one of my favorites games all time on the Genesis, if not the most favorite - so infatuated am I that I bought an N-Gage and switched mobile providers just for SOR2 on the go (well, one of the reasons).

Not just the best beat em up but the best game of all time in my opinion. I have played it through to completion so many times.

this piece of Genesis SOftware rocks so much that I still play it alone or over net with friends, despite the fact that I've played through it about 7 millions times :D

best SoR for me...

Back