Streets of Rage

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Before Beats of Rage, there was...

Description

The city just isn’t what it used to be, but ex-cops Axel, Adam, and Blaze are out to put a stop to crime once and for all. Packed with street combat and martial arts excitement, STREETS OF RAGE lets you control any of the three playable characters through the city, using more than 40 destructive maneuvers to take care of business. Use jabs, head butts, overhead kicks, and more to take on the axe-throwing, knife-wielding street gangs. Kung Fu creeps and pipe-carrying punks will try to overthrow you, so you’ll have to rely on your training and street smarts to get the job done. Play alone, or go at it cooperatively with a friend in this brawl for it all.

Special Features

Dozens of levels; fierce enemies; more than 40 combative maneuvers; awesome graphics; two-player action

a.k.a. Bare Knuckle: Ikari no Tetsuken (J)

Attachments

• sor.jpg
    sor.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 116
  • sor.jpg
    sor.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 115
great game, LOVE the 2-player mode. Although not as good as 2, it still spanks 3. This one has adam as well :). Great stuff, Sega, make another!

I've never understood why everyone dislikes SOR3.

Hm...

Anyway, I love the original. There's something about it that I like more than the others.

Probably the atmosphere, as fonzie said.

Oh and, Axel > Adam! :lol:

Although in SOR2 and SOR3 I'm a Blaze player.

The first game in one of the greatest games series of all time. Forerunner to the amazing SOR2 and the decent SOR3.

For me it was the atmosphere, music, and character design, along with the highly original vault attacks which put it ahead of the likes of Final Fight, or Golden axe.

SOR2 improved on the formular with better graphics, slightly better music and new special attacks. The level and character design was as good as ever.

SOR3 was good in the way it tried to combine the best bits from the previous games, I feel it failed in comparison to the oter games in the design of the new characters. Zan was a terrible character IMO and the new bosses and levels just didnt do it for me. Didn't like the music in the main either beside the City Hall level.

Also the less said about the changes for the western versions the better, Bare Knuckle 3 is the better game.

I love this game series and will be including elements from all 3 in my forthcoming Beats of rage mod. :thumbs-up:

bruce.gif
bar1.gif
beach3.gif

axeladamblaze, Hope your mod is LONG and GREAT. I suspect if anyone can do a good mod, it'll be you. You doing a story line w/ cutscenes and such?

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Aug 24, 2004 @ 09:01 PM

axeladamblaze, Hope your mod is LONG and GREAT. I suspect if anyone can do a good mod, it'll be you. You doing a story line w/ cutscenes and such?

I havent decided about doing a storyline yet, I'm not usually the most creative person when it comes to that sort of thing.

The first one was very good but I still prefer the second one. The music is great and it is very funny to play, the graphics could seem simple (comparing with the second and the third part) but this game has magic and charisma.

Streets of Rage 3 is great but it could have been better, if you do not believe me play Bare Knuckle 3.

The first one is the best challenge in the entire series, IMHO. The third has some hard points, sure, but only the first game shoves such a multitude of enemies in your face at one time and says 'deal with it'. It's also well known for the infamous 'squad car special attack'.

Also, I think it has the best music of the series, although two comes close.

Back