stupid apple and their stupid quicktime...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Gallstaff

Website
Visit site
I just dowloaded quick time because i wanted to view a file of this weird halloween spoof. Now it defaults as my player but i like music match! HOw can i make music match my defualt wav and mp3 player?

Quadriflax

Website
www.vgrebirth.org
I freakin' hate QT. Everytime I installed it, it would become the default for a bunch of plug-ins like WAV. Then everytime I clicked a wav file the stupid thing would bring up a new page and load it in the middle with a nice little bar. How dumb is that?

Raijin Z

You can set which associations it will take over.... Just uninstall and reinstall it.

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Website
superakuma5k.homestead.com
Custom install QuickTime, baby! Works EveryTime, ;) ... or you can do this in QuickTime:

[*]Edit

[*]Preferences

[*]QuickTime Preferences...

[*](drop down list) choose File Type Associations

[*]uncheck those 3 checkboxes.

Alternatively, you can go to your MusicMatch's General settings and put a check on the Windows Media Files checkbox... or you can re-associate media file types with Windows Media Player:

[*]View

[*]Options...

[*]Formats tab

[*]and check the ones you want.

Then, there file type association with Winamp:

[*]Options

[*]Preferences... (or Ctrl+P for short)

[*]Setup --> File types

[*]select the file types to override QuickTime's evil doings :)

Finally, there is editing your registries under Folder Options or with a registry editor itself (e.g., Windows' very own Registry Editor).

MasterAkumaMatata

Staff member
Website
superakuma5k.homestead.com
Quote: from Gallstaff on 11:08 pm on April 3, 2002

I just dowloaded quick time because i wanted to view a file of this weird halloween spoof. Now it defaults as my player but i like music match! HOw can i make music match my defualt wav and mp3 player?
You can use RAD Video Tools to convert it to another format (e.g., AVI or MPEG-1) so you can view it with a preferred media player that is not QuickTime ;)