Stupid question about Bleem!

When did bleem die????? What happend? What did I miss. If you dont know goto www.bleem.com its DEAD! =//// *is conf* if you know what happend let me know. Thx (Glad I bought mine long ago lol)

They went sometime around the 17th of November.

I never tried Bleem! or Bleemcast!, but it seems not many people are sad to see them go...

I happen to be one of the sad people to see them go. I wanted to see more bleemcasts, and what ever happened to the bleempod? So much for good things come to those who wait :(

[rant]

Look, not to be a party pooper or anything, but just what is the deal with emulators on Dreamcast? Why is it so important to see another system's games running on a Dreamcast? Sure it's fun playing SMS games (via SMEG) on it, but in every single case, there is a better emulator for the same system on PC. I really don't understand why people get so excited about new emu's for DC - especially when half the time they own the original system anyway, or they are so cheap you can pick one up with all the games for $3.50.

[/rant]

Curtis, I guess some people like things to be simple.

Why worry about a few older consoles, their power supplies, TV leads, carts and controllers etc, when you can just boot up your current system and play your older games with no fuss? And play many that you never bought ;)

To some this may seem to be defeating the purpose of owning older games on real systems, but it's got a degree of convenience on it's side.

Oh yeah, alot of people also like playing on a big telly rather that a small computer monitor. I know I would. IMHO it's a bit more realistic, even if the emulation isn't quite as good.

The only real emu I care about on the DC is/was bleem! Just because of what it was doing was cool. It was playing games from a system not 10-15 years on another system with improvements to the graphics. I don't know of any other legal emulators that can do that.

You want a good reason of why emulators for DC are cool?

It is the easiest and cableless way to play classic and mostly damaged old consoles in your TV (this makes more sense if you can imagine a bigger TV than the one you have in mind) and good stereo, no to mention the dc gamepad are often better than the pc gamepads.

At least for me, I have more fun playing macross in nesterdc in front of my TV (as I did when I was 6) than playing the same game in a pc emulator.

bleem sold a pc product to me and many others that simply did not due what it claimed. they didnt update it as they claimed. the 'compatibility' list on the website was blatantly faked (anything that didnt immediately give you a blue screen of death was listed as perfect). in fact there was only one known game (the game 'one') that bleem emulated playably from beginning to end.

then when the updates stop they actually blamed me, the user. it was my fault that the updates were being pirated. it was my fault for complaining about it on forums and suggesting that one of the many free psx emus were superior. f*ck you bleem. every software company deals with piracy.

but anyways..

so they stop working on bleem completely (so much for the lifetime of free updates promised on the box) and announce bleemcast. they claim its already done and ready to go. 100 games per bleempak.. a year later they say its really 1 game per bleempak and its still not 'tested'. more lies. defend em all you want, talk about the 'technical issues' they encountered or whatnot.. lies are lies.. i knew they were lying about 100 games per disc (when bleem for pc hardly plays 2 or 3), how could they not have known?

i would have been perfectly happy with 1 game for disc, if it wasnt for the initial lies. its not the product that pisses me off, its the way it was misrepresented.

bleempod/bleempad, im quite sure, never existed except for maybe a doodle on a cocktail napkin. More lies for their site, more hype for the gaming and emu 'scene' to post. There are a handful of real psx/saturn/pc to dc adaptors anyways.

im all for emulators (though im much more for the real deal), and i have no problem paying for something that actually does what it claims. im not at all forgiving of people who take my money under false pretenses and sell me a product that isnt 100% of what it promises.

and thats why im glad that bleem never got to keep the money they conned me out of..

Well, Bleem were a bunch of liars and theives, ill give you that. However I always liked the idea of playing playstation on my Dreamcast with better grafics. It helped me to brag to all the PSX fans about how what they had I could get and get it better then they could on their system. Now that Bleem is gone however, I just tell the people I know, that don't own the system, about how they can play NES, SNES etc. on the DC.

Anyways, on to the reason why playing emu's on DC is such a "Big deal". Before I found out about DC being able to play games from other systems, I hated using emu's. I would never use them, this was simply because it is my belief that the only way to truly enjoy a console game was to play it on a console and not a PC. I was never able to get used to playing console games with a keyboard, and computer controlers are just too different then those on consoles,because of this I would rather spend $50+ for a game that was 10 years old then play a free copy on a PC. However, once I found out about the dreamcasts abilitys to play classics, I went out within two weeks time and bought one for myself. I now PREFER to play old games on my dreamcast for numerous reasons, for example: If I want to play NES games I can eather play them on one of my original Nintendo systems and have to constantly worry about A. My saved games/scores getting erased B.Mid way through the game the blinking light problem occurs, or C. Someone trips over the controler cord or something and the system freezes. With the Dreamcast I don't have to worry about such problems, and the program I use for NES (NesterDC version 4) Works better with the games then the original sytem does.

So why should I go out and spend money on games that the company doesn't make money on anymore, wich are less reliable then copies, and take long times to find or complete a transaction for via real life or ebay? Emulators are a beautiful thing, its just the Dreamcast makes them that much more like playing the games the way they were ment to be played.

I belive I have explained well enough why emu's on DC are so looked forward to, and while I could go into greator detail, I belive I have rambled long enough.

Fair enough.

I guess what I was really ranting about was that stupid N64 emulator that appeared on DCEmu not so long ago. It really annoyed me that so many people said things like "You'd be god if you pulled it off", etc when it was so obvious that:

a) It was a fake

b) The N64 isn't even properly dead yet

c) It is still readily available

d) It was just l33t wareZ kIdDiEZ who wanted free games

I see all your points about older systems, that are just not available any longer, but the newer ones just baffle me. The same goes for "porting requests".

Quote: from Curtis on 12:13 am on Nov. 29, 2001

[rant]

Look, not to be a party pooper or anything, but just what is the deal with emulators on Dreamcast? Why is it so important to see another system's games running on a Dreamcast? Sure it's fun playing SMS games (via SMEG) on it, but in every single case, there is a better emulator for the same system on PC. I really don't understand why people get so excited about new emu's for DC - especially when half the time they own the original system anyway, or they are so cheap you can pick one up with all the games for $3.50.

[/rant]

a) PPL dont always have a tv out on their PCs to play a game on their TV

b) playing an SMS game on a PC is good, but it just dont feel right

c) to prove that the DC can do more than just play games... they dev emu's for the same reason they dev MP3 players, or MPEG players, JPEG viewers, Quake... its the challenge, and the satisfaction that they got something working on something other than a PC

I think that reason c) is why ppl are so cut with the bleem devvers, because they managed to program for it, but were selling it, rather than releasing the source code... that, and they promised 100+ game discs, and delivered only 1 per disc, and shafted everyone who bought the PC ver. expecting updates

btw Cynn, using emu's on DC doesnt make u l33t, it makes u old-skool/retro :)...

Wells lets see now. YES Dc is good for emu..I have a NES cd that plays GREAT on DC I mean almost 80% of all nes games fit on that one cd. Thats good. As for Bleem....well somehow PSXEmu worked abit better...least that was updated. Bleem somehow never played the best but still it was fun to see.

Back