Stupid Questions

Hi,

I'm a total newbie to Saturn hacking/programming etc... and was looking for some answers to questions.

First of all, is it possible to play a game on your Saturn direct from your computers hard-drive or CD-ROM, using a 4-in-1 Action Replay and a Comms Link card, or do you have to write to CD-R and play with a ModChip?

Secondly, can someone give me some basic information, or point me in the direction of some docs, about programming the Saturn. I realize it's a very complex machine to program for, and being a newbie to it, I wouldn't know where to start, so any information at all would be appreciated.

Cheers, Eddie

(Edited by djReflux at 11:29 am on April 6, 2002)

"First of all, is it possible to play a game on your Saturn direct from your computers hard-drive or CD-ROM, using a 4-in-1 Action Replay and a Comms Link card, or do you have to write to CD-R and play with a ModChip?

"

Well, you can compile code and send it to the saturn via the AR and card, and that makes things easier.... Or use CR-RW =).. Now a complete game would need to have that in mind, since the CD will not be normally immediately available or usable, and the data would have to be sent to the direct memory addresses, notr read from the disc

regarding the other question, read the post about the SDK

Back